Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by "Inizan, Sebastien (CDS-VPI)" <SI...@euro.who.int> on 2005/06/20 15:24:08 UTC

Search engine in Static mode

To make my website static I use a mirror tool WinHTTrack. It works great but
my search function is not working in static mode. does anyone knows if it is
possible to get the search working in static mode ?

Thanks,
Seb.

Re: Search engine in Static mode

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Inizan, Sebastien (CDS-VPI) wrote:
> To make my website static I use a mirror tool WinHTTrack. It works great but
> my search function is not working in static mode. does anyone knows if it is
> possible to get the search working in static mode ?

A typical characteristic of a static page is that it's not dynamic :)

If you want to use the Lenya search and have a speedy site, the easiest
way is caching (mod_lenya or the basic caching of the default
publication). Otherwise (e.g., if your ISP doesn't offer Servlet
hosting), you could use a custom search engine (for instance
http://www.htdig.org/), which requires additional setup and
customization or just add a Google search form.

-- Andreas