Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by da sdv <ut...@gmx.com> on 2012/08/06 03:12:34 UTC

/etc/init.d/red5 format issues

Following the Installing OM2.x On Ubuntu64 - Headless guide, I'm having trouble with step 10.

 When it comes to editing the /etc/init.d/red5 file, I can't preserve the formatting of the text to be added. ie when I copy and paste, the tabbed structure of the text isn't preserved.
 This happens with libre office writer, okular and the Ubuntu default pdf viewer.

 Is there a way to do this I'm not thinking of; or a plain text file somewhere?

 Here's what the pasted text looks like:

 RETVAL=0
 case "$1" in
 start)
 cd $RED5_HOME
 start-stop-daemon --start -c nobody --pidfile $PIDFILE \
 --chdir $RED5_HOME --background --make-pidfile \
 --exec $DAEMON >/dev/null 2>/dev/null &
 RETVAL=$?
 if [ $RETVAL -eq 0 ]; then
 echo $! > $PIDFILE
 fi
 echo
 ;;
 stop)

Re: /etc/init.d/red5 format issues

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
here is the link to the plain text version:
http://osflash.org/pipermail/red5_osflash.org/2007-June/012796.html

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

RE: /etc/init.d/red5 format issues

Posted by George Kirkham <gk...@co2crc.com.au>.
Hi,

You asked “When it comes to editing the /etc/init.d/red5 file, I can't preserve the formatting of the text to be added. ie when I copy and paste, the tabbed structure of the text isn't preserved”,  I use a text editor like nano but I believe you can use vi, and maybe gedit (being a text editor) might work too.

If I cut and paste I also have issues, so typing out the text will work, but as typing the entire script is time consuming, so I generally cut and paste then do lots of editing until the script is correct. But I would advise using a text editor, not a word processor.

Thanks,

George Kirkham