Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Plamen Petkov <pl...@bgstore.com> on 2001/10/01 22:20:15 UTC

"Default" ContentType for JSP

Hi,

[FreeBSD/Apache 1.3.20/Tomcat 4.0]

How to set a kinda "default" Content Type of response in a JSP page ? I
am not talknig about <META ...>  content type setting, wich is an HTML
issue.

JSP->servlet translation always result in a servlet code with:

response.setContentType("text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1");

The only workaround I found is to use:

response.setContectType("blah-blah");

in the begining of JSP page, but I find this very annoying.

thank you

--
Plamen D. Petkov ICQ#2214327
plamendp@bgstore.com

Re: configuring tomcat/apache

Posted by RahulKrishna Gupta <rk...@operamail.com>.
Chandramouli wrote:

>How do i configure apache to dynamically load contexts from tomcat.
>Regards
>Chandra

Check out the Apache config for tomcat which is included in the docs for
Tomcat.

I can send you the exact settings in server.xml and httpd.conf if you so
wish but I would advise you to fo through the docs first.

-RKG

configuring tomcat/apache

Posted by Chandramouli <ch...@hotmail.com>.

Re: "Default" ContentType for JSP

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.
Since you're using Tomcat 4.0, one option would be to create a Filter that
did this for you.

Craig