Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by JeffEvans1112 <Je...@protonmail.com.INVALID> on 2020/05/07 21:26:54 UTC

Why encrpty

I know that ponytail marthafucker from letsencrypt.org is on the line and his presence is relevant to tomcat.

So when I asked why use his software in light of TOR

instead of having a discussion I was logged off.

What a bunch of pussy grabbers .

China beat the virus you never will until you are extinct like the Apache.  The best thing you could do is have TRUMP  in charge. I love it when a plan comes together.

We at hacker one are making millions at your  incompetence.

Now be a good bitch and unsubscribe me.

[ ](https://mail.protonmail.com/#)[Mark as read/unread](https://mail.protonmail.com/#)
 Move to
 Move toLabel as

JeffEvans <Je...@protonmail.com>

21:58 (19 minutes ago)

To: JeffEvans1112@protonmail.com
[ Custom Filter](https://mail.protonmail.com/#)
 Move to
 Label as
 ReplyReply allForward[More](https://mail.protonmail.com/#)
Show details

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email. ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ On Thursday, 7 May 2020 19:39, JeffEvans <Je...@protonmail.com.INVALID> wrote: > So why use [letsencrypt.org](http://letsencrypt.org/) ? > > Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email. > > ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ > On Thursday, 7 May 2020 06:56, JeffEvans JeffEvans1111@protonmail.com.INVALID wrote: > > > What is a URL ? > > O'reilly publisher "Networks is a very simple concept known only to a few" > > A url is divided up into three parts. > > HEAD : IP ADDRESS OF ORIGIN and DESTINATION > > BODY : contains Index.html from tomcat > > TAIL : CHECKSUM for developers to check the sum total number of bytes are same as in the body. Check if no bytes got lost on the way. > > TOR : when a user's URL travels through TOR network the origin ip address is extracted from URL and its ip address replaced instead. Then on the way back ip address is then placed back with users ip address so it can find it's way home. > > This system of SecureByDesign is so effective as consumer protection , that Facebook has moved its servers inside the TOR so as to quicken the network traffic travelling through TOR. Although they know they have exposed their server IP address to TOR. But they dont mind that. > > Obviously if you are dumb enough to login via a pop box or html form then the whole idea of using TOR is negated. > > SSL will encrypt and decrypt via its own dedicated port. > > --

Re: Why encrpty

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 07/05/2020 22:26, JeffEvans1112 wrote:

<snip/>

List members,

Apologies that the previous message arrived in your inbox.

When I saw the original message it raised several concerns:

- It was nearly entirely off-topic (I saw a single mention of Tomcat)

- It contained multiple technical inaccuracies

- The numerous extra space characters made the formatting look odd.

I considered it to be borderline spam but opted, at that point, to
simply wait and see.

I didn't see the second message but I did see a slack chat at $work
where the participants commented that the thread it looked like spam
and/or bot generated. After reviewing the new message I decided to
unsubscribe the user and add them to the deny list - the moderator's
usual response to spam.

My expectation was that the most likely response would be nothing but if
the post was genuine that a "Huh? Why did you ban me?" message would be
sent to the moderators. What I wasn't expecting was the tirade that
followed.

The language used in the third message is completely unacceptable and
has, as you might imagine, caused that email address to be unsubscribed
and added to the deny list as well. Whether that triggers a fourth email
from yet another address we shall have to wait and see. I hope not.

Again, apologies for the unpleasant message and for the distraction.

Mark