Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Jim Scott <js...@maprtech.com> on 2015/06/25 22:12:41 UTC

drill configuration setting - rows overwriting one another

Can anyone point me to a configuration setting (not maxwidth) that can
prevent having the drill output in the CLI from overwriting data that is
already in a row? (i.e. the data is not wrapping to a new line)

I have a query that when I select all the columns, the data in the columns
at the end overwrite the data from the columns at the beginning because
each row is only being written to a single line. It is NOT wrapping to the
next line.

Thanks!
Jim

Re: drill configuration setting - rows overwriting one another

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Not an answer, but sqlline lets you log results to a file.  You can
probably then view the file using a better tool.

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@apache.org>.
There were a number of changes in how SQLline displayed tables that had
changing widths to make presentation better.  There is a possibility that
those changes are causing a problem. Can you file a JIRA with a simple
reproduction?

Posted by Jim Scott <js...@maprtech.com>.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Could also be a terminal setting bug.