Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by pady <pr...@comcast.net> on 2008/12/21 19:08:02 UTC

confirming smtp setup...

I just setup james email server. I have smtp auth enabled. I want to confirm
that I dont get hackers trying to spoof/use my domain/email server to send
mails. I saw the smtp log and saw this message:

Successfully spooled mail from hacker@mydomain.com on IP for
hacker@mydomain.com

I also see this mail not having been delivered but saved into
/var/mail/address-error. I would like to know if my smtp settings below are
right and how do I even make the smtpserver completely ignore such emails
( without even logging into /var/mail/address-error ).

<smtpserver enabled="true">
      <port>25</port>
      <handler>
         <helloName autodetect="true">mydomain.com</helloName>
         <connectiontimeout>360000</connectiontimeout>
         <authRequired>true</authRequired>
         <authorizedAddresses>mydomain.com,127.0.0.0/8</authorizedAddresses>
         <verifyIdentity>true</verifyIdentity>
         <maxmessagesize>0</maxmessagesize>
      </handler>
</smtpserver>