Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Martyn Taylor <mt...@redhat.com> on 2015/12/18 18:36:15 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Hello all.

I'd like to propose an Apache Artemis 1.2.0 release.

Since 1.1.0 we've had some significant improvements to performance,
particularly around the persistence layer.  In addition new features
have been added such as LDAP and OSGi support.  There has also been more
improvements to the OpenWire protocol.

The release notes can be found here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315920&version=12333274

The binary distributions can be found here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1076/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/1.2.0/

The source archives can be found here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1076/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/1.2.0/

The Maven repository is here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1076/

The source tag:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/1.2.0

The project website for that version has been staged to:
http://people.apache.org/~martyntaylor/

The vote will remain open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1 approve the release as Apache Artemis 1.2.0
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Here's my (non-binding) +1

Regards

Martyn

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 12:55 PM Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> > Actually, this is more serious than that.  If I’m reading correctly,
> libaio is LGPL.  Thus, we cannot use it from an Apache release unless its:
> >
> We are not redistributing libaio.. libaio is a Kernel functionality
> from Linux. We have an implementation that is just using a kernel
> functionality available on any Linux Kernel. you need to install the
> libaio header but the functiionality is part of the linux kernel.
>
> Saying so would be the same as saying you can't use any OS that's
> LGPL.. which is not the case.
>

> > 1) completely optional - Artemis would have to “functionally work”
> without it
> >

> It does, however we get a lot of performance boos if you use it.
>

> > 2) Not be part of the default build - in our case, we’d need  a maven
> profile to build it and that profile would need to not be activeByDefault.
> >
> > Thus, I think this release cannot be released as is.
>

> I disagree.. the release should include it... our implementation is
> apache licensed.

I'm assuming that it's accessed like a DLL?
Is libaio required to compile the library?

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 1:22 PM, Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> wrote:
> To me this seem the same as linking to glibc which is an LGLP lib and
> a lib which just about every app on linux links to.  Surely even apr
> links to it right?
>
> This can also be seen a linking against hibernate, but not distributing it.

And it seems other apache projects are doing that.  See:

https://github.com/apache/tapestry5/blob/5.0/tapestry-hibernate/pom.xml

--
Hiram Chirino
Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 1:22 PM, Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> wrote:
> To me this seem the same as linking to glibc which is an LGLP lib and
> a lib which just about every app on linux links to.  Surely even apr
> links to it right?

That's correct... just like anything else in the Linux world.

as a matter of fact this code requires glibc as well.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
> But is still REQUIRED for building the library…   Thus, the library still has a REQUIRED dependency on a LGPL’d library  to work.    Thus, it must be optional and the user must take explicit actions to enable it during build and runtime.

>>has a REQUIRED dependency on a LGPL’d library  to work<<

if the library is not available, we won't use it...  the use is optional.

The compilation is required to validate method calls. It would be
actually possible to compile the library without the actual libaio
installed, but I don't want to go that route as it would complicate
the build and code. But the use is still dynamic linked.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
> On Dec 21, 2015, at 12:55 PM, Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Actually, this is more serious than that.  If I’m reading correctly, libaio is LGPL.  Thus, we cannot use it from an Apache release unless its:
>>
> We are not redistributing libaio.. libaio is a Kernel functionality
> from Linux. We have an implementation that is just using a kernel
> functionality available on any Linux Kernel. you need to install the
> libaio header but the functiionality is part of the linux kernel.
>
> Saying so would be the same as saying you can't use any OS that's
> LGPL.. which is not the case.

But the parts of the “OS” that is used generally has some sort of “classpath exception” or similar or there is another implementation that is completely usable that is not LGPL (example: the stdc++ runtimes).   libaio does not.  It is specifically LGPL.

In particular, in org_apache_activemq_artemis_jlibaio_LibaioContext.c, I see right at the top:

#ifndef _GNU_SOURCE
// libaio, O_DIRECT and other things won't be available without this define
#define _GNU_SOURCE
#endif

That’s in direct conflict with the license header.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

> On Dec 21, 2015, at 12:27 PM, John D. Ament <jo...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 12:16 PM Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> This has been like this since 1.0.0
>>

> Then I missed them in prior votes.  Mea culpa.

We all missed them on the prior releases.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
> Per Roy Fielding:
>
> "Apache releases open source and ONLY open source.  Our releases are absolutely
> forbidden to contain anything other than the open source code that is in our
> vcs-of-record, meaning code that is in the form most likely to be edited by
> recipients for the sake of modifying the product, and in some specific cases
> the generated (and open) source code of build scripts."

Ok, fair enough.. -1 (non binding) from me then...

I will remove it from the source distribution.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.

clebert.suconic@gmail.com>

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/201203.mbox/%3CC3656B87-A6DC-4D3D-B1EB-29911B7A8070%40gbiv.com%3E

> So yes, this part MUST be done.

I'd recommend tabling the lgpl license issue and bringing it up on
legal-discuss.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
wrote:

> > Nothing's stopping you from including them in the binary release.  They
> > should be excluded in the source release.
>

> It's been easier to keep these .so there. I'm about to give up
> maintaining 32 bits. but right now you would need to log on 32 bits..
> compile it.. log on 64 bits.. compile it..to make a full binary
> distribution from the source.
>
> removing the .so will only complicate things.. I don't think we should
> be so purist on this matter.

I think you're thinking about removing the .so's from the git repo.  I'm
not requesting that.  They simply can't be in the source release tar.gz/zip
archives.

John

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.

--
Clebert Suconic

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 2:44 PM Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 2:37 PM, John D. Ament <jo...@apache.org>
> wrote:
> > So... create a ticket to track this? I can compile other stuff with
> spaces
> > generally fine.  Not sure what the issue is here w/ a space.
>

> yep.. I don't think it's a release blocker. although if someone is
> able to pick it up we can have it before next respin.

The space issue comes from this configuration in the root pom

<activemq-surefire-argline>-Djava.util.logging.manager=org.jboss.logmanager.LogManager

 -Dlogging.configuration=file:${activemq.basedir}/tests/config/logging.properties
         -Djava.library.path=${activemq.basedir}/artemis-native/bin/
-Djgroups.bind_addr=localhost
-Dorg.apache.activemq.artemis.api.core.UDPBroadcastEndpointFactory.localBindAddress=localhost
         -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true
      </activemq-surefire-argline>

I'll see if there's a way to fix it.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.

[CANCEL][VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Posted by Martyn Taylor <mt...@redhat.com>.
Cancelling vote, due to binaries in the source distro.

We are getting very close to the holiday period now, so let's pick the
1.2.0 release up after the new year.

Happy holidays all!

Regards
Martyn

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
Sorry but -1 (non-binding)

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Great, thanks for the update !

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
Awesome news!

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Posted by Martyn Taylor <mt...@redhat.com>.
All,

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Posted by Martyn Taylor <mt...@redhat.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Posted by Martyn Taylor <mt...@redhat.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
My bad. Missread johns original message. Thought we was saying have prompt
to enable libaio. Apologies.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Posted by Andy Taylor <an...@gmail.com>.
As John Says, lets run it past legal, if they are happy that what is
shipped is ok then lets leave as is, if not, then make it an optional
(as in it takes a flag/explicit) choice at create time.

John, how do we do this?

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
anyway guys.. it's been a great year... lets enjoy the holidays..
chill out a bit..
It's been a great year and I'm happy to be part of this community.
Happy holidays you all.. I'm out :)

--
Clebert Suconic

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
> libaio is NOT installed by default on pretty much any of the linux
> “platforms" so I would have a hard time considering as a part of the
> platform.

linux AIO is part of the kernel. You have no choice over it if you are
using a regular distribution. (Unless you recompile the kernel without
it)

libaio, the wrapper is not. it would be possible to write syscalls
directly to the kernel and you would have no choice over it as long as
you are working on linux.

I don't want to reinvent the wheel though... the optional dependency,
checking if the system has the capability or not would be enough IMO.
(with the user having the choice to enable it or not).

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
What's the diffence between one platform api like aio and another like
win32?  They have about the same effect on our code. We can't distribute
their libs and they don't force us to change our licensing terms.

Btw the compiler you use has nothing to do with the libs  you link against.
And most Linux apps link against glibc. It's just a platform API. Which the
official apache policy says there are no problems on linking against.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
Let me explain what libaio is:

it's a wrapper that makes calls into the kernel.

if you for instance open libaio.c, this is the entire source code for
io_submit (the most used function):

io_syscall3(int, io_submit, io_submit, io_context_t, ctx, long, nr,
struct iocb **, iocbs)

See for yourself:
https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/libaio.git/log/

Open libaio.spec:

on the definition: This library, libaio, provides the Linux-native API
for async I/O.

Anyways, Saying you can't depend on anything LGPL is the same as
saying you can't depend on Linux or anything coming from Linux. for
instance Apache HTTP (the very first project that founded this
organization) would be breaking the apache license itself by using
libc. (Open the source code if you don't believe me).

It's certainly not the case...as libc is a platform API.

libaio is also a platform API.

 hence the definition that HIram found...

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Posted by Andy Taylor <an...@gmail.com>.
I think that's doable. I'll see if I can come up with a PR over the
Christmas period and report back.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
> On Dec 23, 2015, at 4:55 PM, Andy Taylor <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I Guess it depends on what they mean by enabled. If the user has to
> explicitly install it then to me it's optional. Saying that if it's
> installed by default on the OS you could argue the opposite.

The issue with the is that the user may not even know if they have it installed or not.    For example, on my two gentoo linux boxes, one has it installed and one doesn’t.   I have no idea why the one that has it installed has it.   With the package management and such, something I installed there some time in the past must have caused it to install.    (likely mysql)

> We could change the cli to prompt for a choice at create time.

That would certainly work.

Dan

> On Wed, 23 Dec 2015 21:41 Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote:
>

>>> On Dec 23, 2015, at 4:07 PM, John D. Ament <jo...@apache.org>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Are you referring to the bin or src distribution?
>>
>> Kind of both…
>>
>> By removing the binary from the src distribution, that covers that case.
>> The user would have to cd into the appropriate directory and explicitly
>> run the “make” or whatever to build the binary.   It’s an explicit choice
>> they make.   Thus, I’m completely OK with that now.
>>

>> The bin distribution is still an issue.   If the default was to not use
>> the libaio at all unless the user either edited a config file to enable it
>> or pass a command line flag or similar to take explicit action, I’d be OK
>> there as well.     The new wording on the legal pages is completely
>> confusing.  The original suggested wording in:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-54
>> makes so much more sense:
>>
>> "However, projects may use LGPL licensed works in optional features that
>> are not enabled by default.”
>>

>> Dan

>> “out
>> use
>> occurs
>> occurring,

>> clebert.suconic@gmail.com>

>> --
>> Daniel Kulp

Daniel Kulp

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Posted by Andy Taylor <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Dec 23, 2015 at 6:24 PM Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
wrote:

> So I think the current policy is not that hard to understand.
>
> It basically says that we cannot redistribute category x licensed bits.
> Check.

There's a difference between depend on and distribute with.

I'm inclined to say that the libaio situation is similar to relying on
bash, GPL software.  It's something the OS provides.  No one's distributing
it, and the library leveraged by Artemis is an Apache V2 licensed piece of
software derived from the LGPL library.

But honestly, even PMC/member discussions are just speculative.  The
definitive answer comes from legal.

I'm unable to find anything on the legal tracker for "libaio" or "hornetq"
so I'm not sure where those discussions occurred.  I can search their
emails next.

John

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
> On Dec 23, 2015, at 4:07 PM, John D. Ament <jo...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Are you referring to the bin or src distribution?

Kind of both…

By removing the binary from the src distribution, that covers that case.   The user would have to cd into the appropriate directory and explicitly run the “make” or whatever to build the binary.   It’s an explicit choice they make.   Thus, I’m completely OK with that now.

The bin distribution is still an issue.   If the default was to not use the libaio at all unless the user either edited a config file to enable it or pass a command line flag or similar to take explicit action, I’d be OK there as well.     The new wording on the legal pages is completely confusing.  The original suggested wording in:
makes so much more sense:

"However, projects may use LGPL licensed works in optional features that are not enabled by default.”

Dan

> On Wed, Dec 23, 2015 at 4:05 PM Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> Question: If I grab Artemis 1.1.0 tarbal/zip and start up the broker “out
>> of the box”, does it use libaio or not?  If I specifically have to
>> configure something (pass a flag, edit a config file, etc…) to enable use
>> if the LGPL library, then fine.    However, if it’s something that occurs
>> completely automatically without the user even knowing that it’s occurring,
>> then I have a major problem with it.  It needs to be something that the
>> user has to explicitly CHOOSE to use.
>>
>> Dan
>>

>>> On Dec 23, 2015, at 2:02 PM, Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> also, there has also been questions about it during the donation
>>> process.. licenses reviewed.. etc.. so I don't think we need to open a
>>> new discussions over this. the binary inclusion on the source was
>>> something that was fixed now.
>>>
>>> The dependency on libaio on the C code is through through dynamic
>>> linked library, and is the same as any C code depending on libc or
>>> gcc.

>> would

>>> --
>>> Clebert Suconic
>>
>> --
>> Daniel Kulp

Daniel Kulp

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
Libaio is a kernel feature.  Part of the Linux kernel.

It's optional and the cli default to it if available in the OS.  As Andy said.

If what you are saying was true thought Apache HTTP would for instance have serious problems with libc and other libraries it's using for example.

Libaio is part of the architecture / OS we are running on.

But regardless it's use is optional.  I don't see a reason for such big deal at this time.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Posted by Andy Taylor <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

--
Daniel Kulp

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Posted by Andy Taylor <an...@gmail.com>.
Claus,

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.

-----------------
http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
> Also the output of the help command in the html looks ugly. Its not
> spaced correctly.

I'm not sure where you mean that?

> And its a bit unclear that after creating a broker you must cd into
> that directory to start it. eg some people may think you can start the
> broker from the unzip like you can do in Apache ActiveMQ. I would like
> to see the readme more clear on this. Maybe a better step by step
> showing the commands and output etc so its really clear.

+1

> Also why not use a .md file instead of .html ?

I'm confused what's best here. .html are easy to read (thinking of
beginners just downloading the distro). pehaps we could switch to .md
and have a converter tool? (although I wouldn't know which one to use
from maven).

> In JMX the broker is listed as brokerName="0.0.0.0" but I was not
> given any opportunity to name the broker when I created it from the
> command line.

the cli will only ask for the host if needed (that is if you're using
clustered). otherwise you can use options (use ./artemis help create
for that).

> And I cannot see the broker name in the log when the broker start up.
> That name should IMHO be allowed to enter when creating, and maybe
> default to the directory name or something? And show the name in the
> log.

That's used for the JMX only.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Posted by Christopher Shannon <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Built from source and ran the quick tests
Checked headers
Deployed and ran the broker from the binary on CentOS
Ran several different examples

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Posted by Martyn Taylor <mt...@redhat.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
+1 (non binding)

Christian

> [...]
> >
> > The release notes can be found here:
> >
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315920&version=12333274
> >
> > The binary distributions can be found here:
> >
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1076/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/1.2.0/
> >
> > The source archives can be found here:
> >
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1076/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/1.2.0/
> >
> > The Maven repository is here:
> >
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1076/
> >
> > The source tag:
> >
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/1.2.0
> >
> > The project website for that version has been staged to:
> > http://people.apache.org/~martyntaylor/
> >
> > The vote will remain open for 72 hours.
> >
> > [ ] +1 approve the release as Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect
http://www.talend.com
<https://owa.talend.com/owa/redir.aspx?C=3aa4083e0c744ae1ba52bd062c5a7e46&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.talend.com>

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
+1 (binding) All looks good to me.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

* Checked signatures and checksums
* Ran broker from binary and test with some external client code.
* Built from source and ran some tests.
* Checked for valid LICENSE and NOTICE files.

For the next release I'd encourage you to move ahead open issues that
are still targeting the release but aren't actually going to make it in,
several of the issues on the release notes page do not appear to be
items that will be resolved in this release:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315920&version=12333274
Would make it easier to review what is supposed to be fixed in the
release being voted on.

--
Tim Bish
twitter: @tabish121

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0

Posted by Andy Taylor <an...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non binding)

created and ran a server and a few examples. built from source ok. all
on windows 10