Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Paolo Patierno <pp...@live.com> on 2017/06/08 13:17:25 UTC

ConnectStandalone : not found JsonConverter running in IntelliJ

Hi,

I'm trying to run the ConnectStandalone application inside IntelliJ providing the worker and console source properties files from the config dir but I receive the following exception :

Exception in thread "main" org.apache.kafka.common.config.ConfigException: Invalid value org.apache.kafka.connect.json.JsonConverter for configuration internal.key.converter: Class org.apache.kafka.connect.json.JsonConverter could not be found.
at org.apache.kafka.common.config.ConfigDef.parseType(ConfigDef.java:711)
at org.apache.kafka.common.config.ConfigDef.parseValue(ConfigDef.java:457)
at org.apache.kafka.common.config.ConfigDef.parse(ConfigDef.java:450)
at org.apache.kafka.common.config.AbstractConfig.<init>(AbstractConfig.java:62)
at org.apache.kafka.common.config.AbstractConfig.<init>(AbstractConfig.java:75)
at org.apache.kafka.connect.runtime.WorkerConfig.<init>(WorkerConfig.java:197)
at org.apache.kafka.connect.runtime.standalone.StandaloneConfig.<init>(StandaloneConfig.java:42)
at org.apache.kafka.connect.cli.ConnectStandalone.main(ConnectStandalone.java:70)

The converter is available in the JSON module of course.

Any idea ?

Thanks,

Paolo

Paolo Patierno
Senior Software Engineer (IoT) @ Red Hat
Microsoft MVP on Windows Embedded & IoT
Microsoft Azure Advisor

Twitter : @ppatierno<http://twitter.com/ppatierno>
Linkedin : paolopatierno<http://it.linkedin.com/in/paolopatierno>
Blog : DevExperience<http://paolopatierno.wordpress.com/>

Re: ConnectStandalone : not found JsonConverter running in IntelliJ

Posted by Paolo Patierno <pp...@live.com>.
So you are saying that in order to debug the ConnectStandalone from an IDE I have to put the "json" module on the classpath in a run configuration ? or the way I'm following attaching a remote debugger is the right one ?

Posted by Randall Hauch <rh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Randall Hauch <rh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Randall Hauch <rh...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Paolo.