Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/13 23:21:43 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1146143 - /subversion/trunk/tools/dist/release.py

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 13:11,  <hw...@apache.org> wrote:
> Author: hwright
> Date: Wed Jul 13 17:11:42 2011
> New Revision: 1146143

> Log:
> * tools/dist/release.py
>  (roll_tarballs): One more special case for the 'nightly' Version.

All of these special cases makes it seem that a rethink may be needed.
That something in the approach is causing issues.

(I don't have any specific feedback; just noting this in case you've
been pushing forward without a pause :-) )

Cheers,
-g

Re: svn commit: r1146143 - /subversion/trunk/tools/dist/release.py

Posted by Hyrum K Wright <hy...@hyrumwright.org>.
On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 4:21 PM, Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 13:11,  <hw...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Author: hwright
>> Date: Wed Jul 13 17:11:42 2011
>> New Revision: 1146143

>> Log:
>> * tools/dist/release.py
>>  (roll_tarballs): One more special case for the 'nightly' Version.
>
> All of these special cases makes it seem that a rethink may be needed.
> That something in the approach is causing issues.
>
> (I don't have any specific feedback; just noting this in case you've
> been pushing forward without a pause :-) )

Yeah, I considered that.  I'm just trying to fix the nightly bot, but
I've no objection to revamping the above expectation.

-Hyrum