Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Andor Molnar <an...@cloudera.com> on 2018/03/22 17:57:27 UTC

[VOTE] Upgrade 3.5 and trunk to Java8

Hi all,

Let's start the vote on upgrading to Java8.

*Shall we upgrade the minimum required Java version to compile and run
ZooKeeper on 3.5 and master branches to Java 1.8?*

Please cast your vote by replying 'Yes' or 'No' to this thread.

Thanks,
Andor

Re: [VOTE] Upgrade 3.5 and trunk to Java8

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
+1.

Patrick

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
zookeeper-trunk is our historical tip build (and does things a bit
differently than the jdk version coverage builds). I updated it to use
jdk8latest and disabled the standalone trunk-jdk8 build.

LMK if you notice anything else.

Also notice that I recently (early april) introduced a job for jdk10 -
which seems pretty flakey based on my quick glance at recent results.

Patrick

Posted by Andor Molnar <an...@cloudera.com>.
Thanks Michael.

Posted by Michael Han <ha...@apache.org>.