Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Stephen Leake <St...@nasa.gov> on 2006/02/03 23:36:13 UTC

using slide to push files to a webdav folder

We have a webdav server (not Slide); I'm trying to find a way to
automate publishing files to it.

I'm currently using Gnu make to build the files (source in LaTeX,
output is PDF). I'm running on Windows, using Cygwin bash and make,
and Sun java.

So I need a command line client that can do something like:

put  http://my_webdav_server/my_directory   my_file

This is possible with the Slide client, but it's inconvenient. What I
have working so far is to build a small script file, and pipe that to
Slide:

---- script.slide -----
open http://my_webdav_server/my_directory
<username>
<password>
put my_file
----- end script.slide -----

javaw org.apache.webdav.cmd.Slide < script.slide

There are two problems with this:

1) Specifying the username and password for each command is
   inconvenient. If I hardcode the password in my makefile, it's
   insecure.

2) It's messy building the temporary script file.

So I have questions:

1) Can anyone recommend a better way to automatically publish files to
   a webdav server?

2) Is there a better way (say via ssh keys) to specify username and
   password for the Slide client?

--
-- Stephe