Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Davis Ford <da...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/13 07:26:00 UTC

q on mvn dependency plugin

hi, i know that mvn depenendency:resolve depdendency:build-classpath will
dump a classpath list of all transitive/non-transitive jars.

i was wondering if there was some other way, either with the dependency
plugin, or with any other plugin, to generate the same output but in nicely
formatted xml:

</artifactId>
</groupId>
</version>

?

Thanks,
Davis

Re: q on mvn dependency plugin

Posted by Jerome Lacoste <je...@gmail.com>.
On 4/13/07, franz see <fr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Good,
>
> AFAIK, there's none. But please feel free to file a request in the jira for
> that :-)

and send a patch !

Re: q on mvn dependency plugin

Posted by franz see <fr...@gmail.com>.
Good,

AFAIK, there's none. But please feel free to file a request in the jira for
that :-)

Cheers,
Franz

Posted by Steven Rowe <sa...@syr.edu>.
Hi Davis,

There is source code for a plugin named maven-buildinfo-plugin, included
with the free book "Better Builds with Maven", that seems to do
something like what you want (and then some).  The source is in the
Chapter5 .zip file[1].  Caveat coder: you may need to read Chapter 5 to
understand how to use it (I myself have not attempted to do so).

It looks like this plugin is also in the mojo sandbox at codehaus.org[2].

Steve

[1] http://www.mergere.com/files/no.reg/code/Code_Ch05.zip
[2]