Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by lqjacklee <lq...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/27 13:54:44 UTC

How to test the hadoop-aws module

Dear sir,

     I need to test the function in the hadoop-aws module, however I have
not own the credential to do that. so I wonder whether we could provide the
test account.
Besides, I notice that we can do in the education region, but not sure. How
can I to do that ,thanks a lot.

Re: How to test the hadoop-aws module

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
On Thu, Jun 27, 2019 at 2:55 PM lqjacklee <lq...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear sir,
>

>      I need to test the function in the hadoop-aws module, however I have
> not own the credential to do that. so I wonder whether we could provide the
> test account.

Afraid not.  There is no Hadoop test account -just individual and work
ones.

The tests are all designed to cost nearly nothing, with IO heavy reads all
against Amazon's own datasets. At the end of a full test run the root
operations are designed to erase the contents of the allocated bucket.
(Indeed, this leads to a problem wherein colleagues say "here is an unused
bucket -I shall delete it".

The S3Guard tables do add more expense, but with trunk creating on-demand
DDB tables, you only pay for reads and writes, not fixed IO capacity.

To keep costs down maximally, after the test run: erase the bucket contents
(use aws CLI), and delete the matching S3Guard table.

> Besides, I notice that we can do in the education region, but not sure. How
> can I to do that ,thanks a lot.

 What do you mean -that there's a specific AWS education region?