Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/18 08:07:31 UTC

Re: Wicket based social apps, forums, wall-to-wall (facebook-style), live chat, etc.

iirc shindig is an open social container, maybe that is easy to
integrate? And there are several facebook examples on the wiki.

Martijn

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 1:31 AM, Tauren Mills <ta...@tauren.com> wrote:
> Are there any existing open source projects that could help reduce the
> effort of integrating social communication features into a site?
>
> I've read through the archives and noticed several conversations about
> building a wicket-based forum.  I believe Uwe started a google code
> project, but it looks like it hasn't really gone anywhere.  Nino asked
> about integrating JForum and Toto had some suggestions for him.  But I
> didn't find much else.  Are there any wicket-specific forums out
> there?  Would it be best to just use JForum?
>
> What about Facebook style profile feeds, wall-to-wall type of
> communication?  Or live chat, either Facebook style, Live Person
> style, or otherwise?
>
> Thanks,
> Tauren

Apache Wicket 1.3.5 is released

Re: Wicket based social apps, forums, wall-to-wall (facebook-style), live chat, etc.

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
Of course there's the guesstbook example in wicket examples :)

Martijn

Posted by Tauren Mills <ta...@groovee.com>.
Martijn,