Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Ron Gavlin <rg...@yahoo.com> on 2008/06/18 07:38:43 UTC

smx-eip RecipientListAggregator propagating attachments

I have a flow in which an eip:StaticRecipientList sends a messageExchange to two targets:

1. an smx-bean that enriches the message content, adds a JBI attachment, and forwards the exchange to an eip:RecipientListAggregator
2. an eip:RecipientListAggregator (the same aggregator mentioned above)

When the eip:RecipientListAggregator forwards its exchange, the JBI attachment added in step 1 above is not propagated. Are eip aggregators expected to gather all the attachments from all incoming exchanges and add them to its the exchange it is forwarding?

- Ron

Re: smx-eip RecipientListAggregator propagating attachments

Posted by rgavlin <rg...@yahoo.com>.
I created JIRA https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/SM-1411 for this
issue.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, it would be a good idea.

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 8:14 AM, rgavlin <rg...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Should the default SplitAggregator behavior be to propagate both properties
> and attachments?
>
> Also, does AbstractAggregator or SplitAggregator need to allow this behavior
> to be configurable by adding booleans for isCopyAttachments and
> isCopyProperties?
>

> gnodet wrote:
>>
>> The default aggregator does not handle attachments, but it should be
>> easy to either enhance the SplitAggregator to do that, or to write a
>> new custom aggregator if the process is a bit specific.
>>
>> On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 7:38 AM, Ron Gavlin <rg...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> I have a flow in which an eip:StaticRecipientList sends a messageExchange
>>> to two targets:
>>>
>>> 1. an smx-bean that enriches the message content, adds a JBI attachment,
>>> and forwards the exchange to an eip:RecipientListAggregator
>>> 2. an eip:RecipientListAggregator (the same aggregator mentioned above)
>>>
>>> When the eip:RecipientListAggregator forwards its exchange, the JBI
>>> attachment added in step 1 above is not propagated. Are eip aggregators
>>> expected to gather all the attachments from all incoming exchanges and
>>> add them to its the exchange it is forwarding?
>>>
>>> - Ron
>>>

>> --
>> Cheers,
>> Guillaume Nodet

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

Re: smx-eip RecipientListAggregator propagating attachments

Posted by rgavlin <rg...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

--
Cheers,