Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by sarah844 <ch...@hotmail.com> on 2008/07/24 09:51:13 UTC

xml schema assertion

Hello,
I am trying to validate the response of an HTTP sampler using an xsd schema.
My HTTP invoke a getInfo.xml and the result that I got is :
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"
?><info><firstName>Jhon</firstName><lastName>Smith</lastName></info>

I added an xml schema assertion that points to my xsd file named
getInfo.xsd, but during the validation I got this error message :
assertion failure message : error: line=1 col=50 cvc-elt.1: Cannot find the
declaration of element 'info', although I defined everything in the xsd
schema.

Do I really need to declare the xsd file in the xml's result ? Or do I need
to do any changes in the xsd's file?

Thanx in advance

Re: xml schema assertion

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 24/07/2008, sarah844 <ch...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>  Hello,
>  I am trying to validate the response of an HTTP sampler using an xsd schema.
>  My HTTP invoke a getInfo.xml and the result that I got is :
>  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"
>  ?><info><firstName>Jhon</firstName><lastName>Smith</lastName></info>
>
>  I added an xml schema assertion that points to my xsd file named
>  getInfo.xsd, but during the validation I got this error message :
>  assertion failure message : error: line=1 col=50 cvc-elt.1: Cannot find the
>  declaration of element 'info', although I defined everything in the xsd
>  schema.

Are you sure that the XSD schema is correct?
I suggest you use some other tool to validate the XML with the XSD.

If that works, then please create a Bugzilla issue with the details.