Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2013/06/11 19:51:21 UTC

[REPORT] Apache UIMA June 2013

Board report for Apache UIMA, for June 2013.

Apache UIMA's mission: the creation and maintenance of open-source
software related to the analysis of unstructured data, guided by the
UIMA Oasis Standard.

Releases:
We released a component, Apache UIMA Ruta r 2.0.2, on 29 May 2013
http://uima.apache.org/news.html#29

Other Activity:
Following the advice of trademarks@, the trademark issue over the
name "Textmarker" was resolved by us dropping the use of that
term, and renaming the project UIMA Ruta, and doing a new release
under that name, updating the Website, etc.

All three new major recent contributions, uimaFIT, Ruta, and DUCC,
are very active.

Community:
Ruta is getting additional contributions from
4 new people in that community (who have sent in ICLAs).

Issues:
No Board level issues at this time.

-Marshall Schor

Re: [REPORT] Apache UIMA June 2013