Posted to users@felix.apache.org by ChiChiLD <st...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/27 10:19:49 UTC

Gogo shell doesn't recognize arrow keys?

Hi, just upgraded from 2.x to 3.0.2 and the new Gogo shell doesn't recognize
the arrow keys on my Mac keyboard, just gives me g! ^[[A any clues? N00b
question, I know...

Re: Gogo shell doesn't recognize arrow keys?

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
If you want a jline console based on gogo, you should give a try to
Apache Karaf which supports arrows, history, tab completion and syntax
coloring.

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 10:19, ChiChiLD <st...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, just upgraded from 2.x to 3.0.2 and the new Gogo shell doesn't recognize
> the arrow keys on my Mac keyboard, just gives me g! ^[[A any clues? N00b
> question, I know...

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: Gogo shell doesn't recognize arrow keys?

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
  On 8/27/10 4:19, ChiChiLD wrote:
> Hi, just upgraded from 2.x to 3.0.2 and the new Gogo shell doesn't recognize
> the arrow keys on my Mac keyboard, just gives me g! ^[[A any clues? N00b
> question, I know...

The old shell didn't recognize arrow keys either. If you are under
Windows, then this is/was a feature of the Windows shell, since if I
recall correctly you could use the arrow keys under the old shell.
However, this wasn't true in any other OS. Not sure as to why it
wouldn't work with Gogo other than it is likely reading its input
differently.

-> richard