Posted to commons-dev@ws.apache.org by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com> on 2006/02/24 17:36:47 UTC

Vote Passed [was Re: [Vote] Release XmlSchema 1.0]

Did I forget to add my +1? :-) Adding it in, we have 5 +1s and no -1s.
I'll be doing the release this afternoon (EST) and getting the website
updated as well.

Cheers,
- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse
Envoi Solutions LLC

Re: Signing Releases Re: Vote Passed [was Re: [Vote] Release XmlSchema 1.0]

Posted by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com>.
Eran Chinthaka wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> Dan Diephouse wrote:
>

>> Just an update: I can't create a KEYS file for XmlSchema because I
>> don't have write permissions to /www/www.apache.org/dist/ws.
>>

> You must create the KEYS file in /www/www.apache.org/dist/ws/commons,
> not in /www/www.apache.org/dist/ws. I made the commons folder and gave
> group rights for that.

The point here is that I'm not in the "ws" group so I can't create
folders or write to the folder that you just created :-). I think I need
to wait for dims to reappear for me to be able to do that.

>> I noticed that lots of apache releases aren't signed? Is it a
>> requirement that people sign them? Does anyone actually use these
>> signatures???
>>

> I don't think lot of releases are still not signed. I could remember
> this question was raised during ApacheCon Europe last year and infra
> people didn't wanna happen that.
> Anyway, I prefer if we sign all the releases,  we make sure the users
> will get proper releases all the time.
>
> Henk Penning will tell you know more abt this, I think.
>
> -- Chinthaka

OK, thanks.

- Dan

Posted by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Dan,

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dan;

Oops you are having a real hard time on it.

1) AFAIK web of trust is highly encouraged, nut unless somebody else
say otherwise go ahead and do the relase with the signature you create
for files.

2) Sent me the KEYS file, I will upload it.

3) Send a mail to general@ws.apache.org asking for the adding you to
ws group, or your nightmare will continue. I think Dims is the guy to
catch

Thanks
Srinath

--
============================
Srinath Perera:

Re: Signing Releases Re: Vote Passed [was Re: [Vote] Release XmlSchema 1.0]

Posted by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com>.

--
Dan Diephouse
Envoi Solutions LLC

Signing Releases Re: Vote Passed [was Re: [Vote] Release XmlSchema 1.0]

Posted by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com>.

--
Dan Diephouse
Envoi Solutions LLC

Re: Vote Passed [was Re: [Vote] Release XmlSchema 1.0]

Posted by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com>.

--
Dan Diephouse
Envoi Solutions LLC

Re: Vote Passed [was Re: [Vote] Release XmlSchema 1.0]

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
Ummmmm. ARGH.

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@gmail.com>.
Dan, where is the index.html? site show me a diretory listing
Srinath

Posted by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com>.
No it was /www/ws.apache.org/commons/XmlSchema/. Either way, I'm not in
the "ws" group and don't have perms to do an svn update.
- Dan

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@gmail.com>.

--
============================

Posted by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com>.

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@gmail.com>.
Yep
1) Check in the site
2) if you go to the site directory (I think it is
/x1/www/ws.apache.org/commons) you will see it is a svn checkout. So
go there and do a svn update

--
============================

Posted by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com>.

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dan;

--
============================

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
hi dan,

I've added you to ws group on minotaur. sorry for the delay.

thanks,
dims

Posted by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com>.

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@gmail.com>.