Posted to announce@maven.apache.org by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@apache.org> on 2015/04/16 19:24:24 UTC

[ANN] Apache Maven Verifier Plugin Version 1.1 Released

The Apache Maven team is pleased to announce the release of the
Apache Maven Verifier Plugin, version 1.1

Useful for integration tests - verifies the existence of certain
conditions.

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-verifier-plugin/

Please be aware of the new location of our issue tracker
which has been moved from Codehaus to Apache Software Foundation

The new location is:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MVERIFIER

Release Notes - Apache Maven Verifier Plugin - Version 1.1

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12318120&version=12331744

Improvements:

 * [MVERIFIER-15] - Upgrade to Maven 2.2.1 compatiblity
 * [MVERIFIER-16] - Change execution of goals cause currently the integration tests running twice

New Feature:

 * [MVERIFIER-10] - Print the absolute path to the input file when verification fails

Task:

 * [MVERIFIER-13] - use maven-plugin-tools' java 5 annotations

Enjoy,

-The Apache Maven team

Re: [ANN] Apache Maven Verifier Plugin Version 1.1 Released

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi Curtis,

On 4/16/15 8:29 PM, Curtis Rueden wrote:
> Hi Karl,
>
>> The Apache Maven team is pleased to announce the release of the Apache
>> Maven Verifier Plugin, version 1.1
>
> Congratulations on the release.

Thanks..

 > Out of curiosity, I was wondering...

> What is the purpose of the maven-verifier-plugin, compared to the
> maven-enforcer-plugin? From the Verifier plugin's web site, it sounds very
> much like a specific enforcer rule: fail the build if these particular
> resource files are not found. Or am I missing some critical distinction
> there?

The only differences at the moment is that you can check the content of
files with maven-verifier-plugin...and may be we integrate the rest
which is not provided by maven-enforcer-plugin into it...

> Furthermore, after doing a web search for "maven verifier enforcer", the
> first hit is actually the maven-enforcer-plugin's Usage page:
>      http://maven.apache.org/enforcer/maven-enforcer-plugin/usage.html
>
> Where it gives a specific example that flags the maven-verifier-plugin as a
> banned plugin (!!!), and suggests to use the maven-invoker-plugin instead.
> I know it was only a theoretical example, but the implication is that the
> XML snippet has some grounding in reality somehow...
>
> So I was wondering if there is a writeup anywhere with "best practice"
> recommendations concerning these plugins? Comparison, pros & cons, etc.? In
> a nutshell: I had not heard of the Verifier plugin before your
> announcement, and was wondering what use cases it covers that the enforcer
> plugin does not also cover.

I think the maven-verifier-plugin will be retired in the (not so far )
future...I have made a final Maven 2.2.1 compatible version as the last
one...to get a final clean release line...

https://builds.apache.org/job/dist-tool-plugin/site/dist-tool-prerequisites.html

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

Re: [ANN] Apache Maven Verifier Plugin Version 1.1 Released

Posted by Curtis Rueden <ct...@wisc.edu>.
Hi Karl,

> The Apache Maven team is pleased to announce the release of the Apache
> Maven Verifier Plugin, version 1.1

Congratulations on the release. Out of curiosity, I was wondering...

[...]

Thanks,
Curtis

On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 12:24 PM, Karl Heinz Marbaise <khmarbaise@apache.org

Posted by Curtis Rueden <ct...@wisc.edu>.