Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Harrison & Wells <ra...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/17 06:47:16 UTC

Help please

Guys, I need your help.If I wanted to send a proposal to the incubator
committee, whom do I send it to? The general mailing list?Or is there a
special one?It's quite confusing.
Thanks!

Re: Help please

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
The advice to get informal advice first is very sound.

Re: Help please

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
Specifically you'd want to follow the proposal guide [1], find a champion.
That probably means you're sharing an abstract of your proposal here on
list if you don't know someone personally at the ASF.

[1]: https://incubator.apache.org/guides/proposal.html

Re: Help please

Posted by Harrison & Wells <ra...@gmail.com>.
Thanks guys!

Re: Help please

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.
general@ is just fine...

Re: Help please

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Guys, I need your help.If I wanted to send a proposal to the incubator
> committee, whom do I send it to? The general mailing list?

The general mailing list is fine but it probably best to tell us about your project first before coming up with a more formal proposal.

For instance do you have a community about the project you want to bring to the incubator?

Thanks,
Justin