Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by s-...@artefrance.fr on 2003/02/17 17:19:04 UTC

Variable and Static Content

Hello,

I have a little problem using variable in a static content... I have a
border on "even" pages of my document where I wanna draw the title of the
current category.

So I putted a static content with a test on the $THEME variable, which
will select the right image for the current category.

<fo:static-content flow-name="margin-even">
  <xsl:choose>
    <xsl:when test="$THEME='Histoire Ancienne'">
      <fo:external-graphic>
        <xsl:attribute
name="src">file:/cd_bord_histoire_ancienne_even.gif</xsl:attribute>
      </fo:external-graphic>
    </xsl:when>
    <xsl:when test="$THEME='Histoire Contemporaine'">
      <fo:external-graphic>
        <xsl:attribute
name="src">file:/cd_bord_histoire_contempora_even.gif</xsl:attribute>
      </fo:external-graphic>
    </xsl:when>
    <xsl:otherwise>
    </xsl:otherwise>
  </xsl:choose>
</fo:static-content>

Then in my template-match, I set this variable to the current category :

<xsl:template match="FICHE">
  <xsl:variable name="THEME"><xsl:value-of select="SOUSTHEME"
/></xsl:variable>
</xsl:template>

But I have a null pointer at runtime... So I am wondering how to put a
dynamic variable in a static content (it is working well for the page
number) !

Please help ... I don't want to make another XSL transformation to modify
my XML input !

Simon OUALID
Arte FRANCE
Application Developper