Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/11 12:50:49 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.11.0 (take 3)

After 9 month of development, we have a new minor release candidate
apache-camel-2.11.0 ready.
It comes with 659 issues resolved: new features, improvements and bug fixes
[1]. You can find the release notes here [2].

Please find the staging repo here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-092/

The tarballs are here
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-092/org/apache/camel/apache-camel/2.11.0/

Tag:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/tags/camel-2.11.0/

Please review, help out with testing and vote to approve this release
binary. Please mention what you tested to prevent duplicate work. Your vote
counts!

[ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache Camel 2.11.0
Vote is open for at least 72 hours.

Thanks in advance,
Christian

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20CAMEL%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20%222.11.0%22
[2]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311211&version=12321695

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.11.0 (take 3)

Posted by David Karlsen <da...@gmail.com>.
second that

David J. M. Karlsen - http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidkarlsen

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.11.0 (take 3)

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Good idea about the option true|false. I logged a ticket

Posted by Raul Kripalani <ra...@evosent.com>.

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Babak Vahdat <ba...@swissonline.ch>.

Posted by Raul Kripalani <ra...@evosent.com>.
Hi Claus

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.
I further tested the following examples:

camel-example-etl
FAILED. See CAMEL-6273

camel-example-guice-jms
OK

camel-example-jms-file
OK

camel-example-jmx
OK

camel-example-loadbalancing
OK

camel-example-loan-broker
OK

camel-example-management
OK

camel-example-pojo-messaging
OK

camel-example-reportincident
FAILED. See CAMEL-6274

camel-example-route-throttling
FAILED. See CAMEL-6275

camel-example-simplejiraboot
OK

camel-example-spring
OK

camel-example-spring-javaconfig
OK

camel-example-spring-jms
FAILED. See CAMEL-6276

Still testing the other examples...

Christian

On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 12:15 PM, Christian Müller <

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.
I tested the Camel servlet examples with the following results:

camel-example-cxf-tomcat
FAILED. See CAMEL-6281

camel-example-servlet-tomcat
OK

camel-example-servlet-tomcat-no-spring
OK

camel-example-activemq-tomcat
OK

Best,
Christian

On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 5:07 PM, Christian Müller <

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by akarpe <ak...@yahoo.com>.
+1

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.
I will test the examples you fixed already from trunk and comment on the
JIRA.

Best,
Christian

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

I tested all the maven camel archetypes on trunk. They all worked, but
there was a few things to polish. Such as read me files, and a few had
a maven warning about a missing plugin version. So all that has been
polished and committed to trunk.

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 9:27 PM, Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I will give the archetypes a test run tomorrow morning as well the
> ones we have on trunk.
>

> On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 7:51 PM, Christian Müller
> <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I didn't test the archetypes (and don't have the time to do it in the next
>> two days). It would be great if somebody could do this before we may re-cut
>> this release.
>> I do not have any problems to re-cut the release if it's in the right shape
>> in a few days (this week). I think this will be the case. I have free
>> cycles on Wednesday and may be on the late Thursday.
>>
>> Other thoughts?
>>
>> Best,
>> Christian
>>

>> On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 3:17 PM, Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Did anyone test the maven archetypes to create new Camel projects?
>>> They are really valuable for new users to Camel and existing for
>>> creating new projects.
>>>
>>> IMHO we should give them a test spin to see if they create projects
>>> that works out of the box.

>>> you have time.
>>> recut the Camel 2.11.0 from the trunk.

>>> (English)

>>> prefer
>>> after

>>> for

>>> bug

>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-092/

>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-092/org/apache/camel/apache-camel/2.11.0/

>>> release
>>> Your vote

>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20CAMEL%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20%222.11.0%22
>>> >> > >
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311211&version=12321695

>>> --
>>> Claus Ibsen
>>> -----------------
>>> Red Hat, Inc.
>>> FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
>>> Email: cibsen@redhat.com
>>> Web: http://fusesource.com
>>> Twitter: davsclaus
>>> Blog: http://davsclaus.com
>>> Author of Camel in Action: http://www.manning.com/ibsen
>>>

> --
> Claus Ibsen
> -----------------
> Red Hat, Inc.
> FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
> Email: cibsen@redhat.com
> Web: http://fusesource.com
> Twitter: davsclaus
> Blog: http://davsclaus.com

Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

<ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I didn't test the archetypes (and don't have the time to do it in the next
> two days). It would be great if somebody could do this before we may re-cut
> this release.
> I do not have any problems to re-cut the release if it's in the right shape
> in a few days (this week). I think this will be the case. I have free
> cycles on Wednesday and may be on the late Thursday.
>
> Other thoughts?
>
> Best,
> Christian
>

> On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 3:17 PM, Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Did anyone test the maven archetypes to create new Camel projects?
>> They are really valuable for new users to Camel and existing for
>> creating new projects.
>>
>> IMHO we should give them a test spin to see if they create projects
>> that works out of the box.
>>

>> On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 11:58 AM, Willem jiang <wi...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > I fixed some of the example issues today, please double check them if
>> you have time.
>> > As we don't create the camel 2.11.x branch, it could be much easy if we
>> recut the Camel 2.11.0 from the trunk.
>> >

>> > --
>> > Willem Jiang
>> >
>> > Red Hat, Inc.
>> > FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
>> > Web: http://www.fusesource.com | http://www.redhat.com
>> > Blog: http://willemjiang.blogspot.com (http://willemjiang.blogspot.com/)
>> (English)
>> >           http://jnn.iteye.com (http://jnn.javaeye.com/) (Chinese)
>> > Twitter: willemjiang
>> > Weibo: 姜宁willem

>> prefer
>> after

>> for

>> bug

>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-092/

>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-092/org/apache/camel/apache-camel/2.11.0/

>> release
>> Your vote

>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20CAMEL%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20%222.11.0%22
>> >> > >
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311211&version=12321695

>> --
>> Claus Ibsen
>> -----------------
>> Red Hat, Inc.
>> FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
>> Email: cibsen@redhat.com
>> Web: http://fusesource.com
>> Twitter: davsclaus
>> Blog: http://davsclaus.com

Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Hmm seems working testing with a fresh Karaf 2.3.1

karaf@root> camel:context-list
  Name                 Status      Uptime
[ blueprintContext ] [ Started ] [ 2 minutes ]

Also I installed a Camel spring-dm app, and it was also listed.

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 4:40 PM, Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> The camel karaf commands may have a problem. Just noticed
> camel:context-list didn't return any data, when I had a Camel app in
> karaf.
>

> On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 3:14 PM, Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Yeah it would be lovely to re-cut the release tomorrow.
>>
>> I will give the examples on trunk a test spin as well, to see if they
>> are working all.
>>

>> On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 7:51 PM, Christian Müller
>> <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I didn't test the archetypes (and don't have the time to do it in the next
>>> two days). It would be great if somebody could do this before we may re-cut
>>> this release.
>>> I do not have any problems to re-cut the release if it's in the right shape
>>> in a few days (this week). I think this will be the case. I have free
>>> cycles on Wednesday and may be on the late Thursday.
>>>
>>> Other thoughts?
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Christian

>> --
>> Claus Ibsen
>> -----------------
>> Red Hat, Inc.
>> FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
>> Email: cibsen@redhat.com
>> Web: http://fusesource.com
>> Twitter: davsclaus
>> Blog: http://davsclaus.com

> Claus Ibsen
> -----------------
> Red Hat, Inc.
> FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
> Email: cibsen@redhat.com
> Web: http://fusesource.com
> Twitter: davsclaus
> Blog: http://davsclaus.com

Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

The camel karaf commands may have a problem. Just noticed
camel:context-list didn't return any data, when I had a Camel app in
karaf.

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 3:14 PM, Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Yeah it would be lovely to re-cut the release tomorrow.
>
> I will give the examples on trunk a test spin as well, to see if they
> are working all.
>

> On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 7:51 PM, Christian Müller
> <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I didn't test the archetypes (and don't have the time to do it in the next
>> two days). It would be great if somebody could do this before we may re-cut
>> this release.
>> I do not have any problems to re-cut the release if it's in the right shape
>> in a few days (this week). I think this will be the case. I have free
>> cycles on Wednesday and may be on the late Thursday.
>>
>> Other thoughts?
>>
>> Best,
>> Christian
>>

>> On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 3:17 PM, Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Did anyone test the maven archetypes to create new Camel projects?
>>> They are really valuable for new users to Camel and existing for
>>> creating new projects.
>>>
>>> IMHO we should give them a test spin to see if they create projects
>>> that works out of the box.

>>> you have time.
>>> recut the Camel 2.11.0 from the trunk.

>>> (English)

>>> prefer
>>> after

>>> for

>>> bug

>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-092/

>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-092/org/apache/camel/apache-camel/2.11.0/

>>> release
>>> Your vote

>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20CAMEL%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20%222.11.0%22
>>> >> > >
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311211&version=12321695

>>> --
>>> Claus Ibsen
>>> -----------------
>>> Red Hat, Inc.
>>> FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
>>> Email: cibsen@redhat.com
>>> Web: http://fusesource.com
>>> Twitter: davsclaus
>>> Blog: http://davsclaus.com
>>> Author of Camel in Action: http://www.manning.com/ibsen
>>>

> --
> Claus Ibsen
> -----------------
> Red Hat, Inc.
> FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
> Email: cibsen@redhat.com
> Web: http://fusesource.com
> Twitter: davsclaus
> Blog: http://davsclaus.com

Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

<ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I didn't test the archetypes (and don't have the time to do it in the next
> two days). It would be great if somebody could do this before we may re-cut
> this release.
> I do not have any problems to re-cut the release if it's in the right shape
> in a few days (this week). I think this will be the case. I have free
> cycles on Wednesday and may be on the late Thursday.
>
> Other thoughts?
>
> Best,
> Christian
>

> On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 3:17 PM, Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Did anyone test the maven archetypes to create new Camel projects?
>> They are really valuable for new users to Camel and existing for
>> creating new projects.
>>
>> IMHO we should give them a test spin to see if they create projects
>> that works out of the box.
>>

>> On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 11:58 AM, Willem jiang <wi...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > I fixed some of the example issues today, please double check them if
>> you have time.
>> > As we don't create the camel 2.11.x branch, it could be much easy if we
>> recut the Camel 2.11.0 from the trunk.
>> >

>> > --
>> > Willem Jiang
>> >
>> > Red Hat, Inc.
>> > FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
>> > Web: http://www.fusesource.com | http://www.redhat.com
>> > Blog: http://willemjiang.blogspot.com (http://willemjiang.blogspot.com/)
>> (English)
>> >           http://jnn.iteye.com (http://jnn.javaeye.com/) (Chinese)
>> > Twitter: willemjiang
>> > Weibo: 姜宁willem

>> prefer
>> after

>> for

>> bug

>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-092/

>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-092/org/apache/camel/apache-camel/2.11.0/

>> release
>> Your vote

>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20CAMEL%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20%222.11.0%22
>> >> > >
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311211&version=12321695

>> --
>> Claus Ibsen
>> -----------------
>> Red Hat, Inc.
>> FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
>> Email: cibsen@redhat.com
>> Web: http://fusesource.com
>> Twitter: davsclaus
>> Blog: http://davsclaus.com

Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Did anyone test the maven archetypes to create new Camel projects?
They are really valuable for new users to Camel and existing for
creating new projects.

IMHO we should give them a test spin to see if they create projects
that works out of the box.

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 11:58 AM, Willem jiang <wi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I fixed some of the example issues today, please double check them if you have time.
> As we don't create the camel 2.11.x branch, it could be much easy if we recut the Camel 2.11.0 from the trunk.
>

> --
> Willem Jiang
>
> Red Hat, Inc.
> FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
> Web: http://www.fusesource.com | http://www.redhat.com
> Blog: http://willemjiang.blogspot.com (http://willemjiang.blogspot.com/) (English)
>           http://jnn.iteye.com (http://jnn.javaeye.com/) (Chinese)
> Twitter: willemjiang
> Weibo: 姜宁willem
>

> On Monday, April 15, 2013 at 3:18 PM, Claus Ibsen wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I actually think this RC has too many out of the box issues for new
>> users to Camel.
>> For example all the example issues.
>>
>> Also we have that performance degrade related to the linked ticket from
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-6282
>>
>> And about 10+ fixes already since the RC.
>>
>> I really do think we should redo the release when we have all the
>> examples fixed.
>> As well that CAMEL-6282.
>>
>> And also in light that Camel 2.11 is a big new release of Camel. And
>> will maybe hit the news etc, as its almost 10 months since Camel 2.10
>> was released.
>> And I prefer Camel this release to be at its best.
>>

>> On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 9:25 PM, Christian Müller
>> <christian.mueller@gmail.com (mailto:christian.mueller@gmail.com)> wrote:
>> > +1
>> >
>> > I found a few issues during testing this release, but none of them are
>> > critical in my opinion (most of them are related to our examples). I prefer
>> > to deliver Camel 2.11.0 now and a Camel 2.11.1 release in 3 - 6 weeks after
>> > we fixed the issues.
>> >
>> > Because we got only two votes until now, I extend the voting period for
>> > additional 48 hours.
>> >
>> > Best,
>> > Christian

>> --
>> Claus Ibsen
>> -----------------
>> Red Hat, Inc.
>> FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
>> Email: cibsen@redhat.com (mailto:cibsen@redhat.com)
>> Web: http://fusesource.com
>> Twitter: davsclaus
>> Blog: http://davsclaus.com

Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Posted by Willem jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@apache.org>.
Yeah, having a clean 2.11 release would be better obviously.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 9:25 PM, Christian Müller <
christian.mueller@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1
>
> I found a few issues during testing this release, but none of them are
> critical in my opinion (most of them are related to our examples). I prefer
> to deliver Camel 2.11.0 now and a Camel 2.11.1 release in 3 - 6 weeks after
> we fixed the issues.
>
> Because we got only two votes until now, I extend the voting period for
> additional 48 hours.
>
> Best,
> Christian
>

> On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 12:50 PM, Christian Müller <
> christian.mueller@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > After 9 month of development, we have a new minor release candidate
> > apache-camel-2.11.0 ready.
> > It comes with 659 issues resolved: new features, improvements and bug
> > fixes [1]. You can find the release notes here [2].
> >
> > Please find the staging repo here:
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-092/
> >
> > The tarballs are here
> >

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-092/org/apache/camel/apache-camel/2.11.0/
> >
> > Tag:
> > http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/tags/camel-2.11.0/
> >
> > Please review, help out with testing and vote to approve this release
> > binary. Please mention what you tested to prevent duplicate work. Your
> vote
> > counts!
> >
> > [ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache Camel 2.11.0
> > [ ] -1 Veto the release (provide specific comments)
> > Vote is open for at least 72 hours.
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Christian
> >
> > [1]
> >
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20CAMEL%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20%222.11.0%22
> > [2]
> >
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311211&version=12321695

--
------------------------
Guillaume Nodet

Email: gnodet@redhat.com
Web: http://fusesource.com
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.11.0 (take 3)

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
The camel-example-console has some WARN logs when shutting down the jvm

[                      Thread-1] DefaultShutdownStrategy        INFO
Starting to graceful shutdown 1 routes (timeout 300 seconds)
[el-1) thread #2 - ShutdownTask] DefaultExecutorServiceManager  INFO
Waited 2.001 seconds for ExecutorService:
org.apache.camel.util.concurrent.RejectableThreadPoolExecutor@48b4da9b[Shutting
down, pool size = 1, active threads = 1, queued tasks = 0, completed
tasks = 0][stream://in?promptMessage=Enter+something%3A+] to
terminate...
[el-1) thread #2 - ShutdownTask] DefaultExecutorServiceManager  INFO
Waited 4.002 seconds for ExecutorService:

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

I fixed the camel-jclouds installation problem

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

I was able to install camel-mybatis with no problems

karaf@root> features:install camel-mybatis
karaf@root> list
START LEVEL 100 , List Threshold: 50
   ID   State         Blueprint      Spring    Level  Name
[  60] [Active     ] [            ] [       ] [   50] camel-core (2.11.0)
[  61] [Active     ] [Created     ] [       ] [   50]
camel-karaf-commands (2.11.0)
[  76] [Active     ] [            ] [       ] [   50]
geronimo-jta_1.1_spec (1.1.1)
[  77] [Active     ] [            ] [       ] [   50] camel-spring (2.11.0)
[  78] [Active     ] [Created     ] [       ] [   50] camel-blueprint (2.11.0)
[  79] [Active     ] [            ] [       ] [   50] Commons Pool (1.6.0)
[  80] [Active     ] [            ] [       ] [   50]
geronimo-servlet_2.5_spec (1.2)
[  81] [Active     ] [            ] [       ] [   50] Apache
ServiceMix :: Bundles :: commons-dbcp (1.4.0.3)
[  82] [Active     ] [            ] [       ] [   50] Apache
ServiceMix :: Bundles :: cglib (2.1.0.3_7)
[  83] [Active     ] [            ] [       ] [   50] MyBatis (3.2.2)
[  84] [Active     ] [            ] [       ] [   50] camel-mybatis (2.11.0)

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.
[...]

    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)

Posted by Charles Moulliard <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1 (done tests with new simple language functionalities, ...)

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 12:50 PM, Christian Müller <
christian.mueller@gmail.com> wrote:

> After 9 month of development, we have a new minor release candidate
> apache-camel-2.11.0 ready.
> It comes with 659 issues resolved: new features, improvements and bug fixes
> [1]. You can find the release notes here [2].
>
> Please find the staging repo here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-092/
>
> The tarballs are here
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-092/org/apache/camel/apache-camel/2.11.0/
>
> Tag:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/tags/camel-2.11.0/
>
> Please review, help out with testing and vote to approve this release
> binary. Please mention what you tested to prevent duplicate work. Your vote
> counts!

> Vote is open for at least 72 hours.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Christian