Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by stefan freyhult <st...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/08 14:06:06 UTC

axis 1.3 empty arrays

 Hi!

 I am currently experiencing problems with Axis 1.3. It seems that 1.3 does
not handle arrays properly when used in conjuction with .Net.

Code that works fine with Axis 1.2.1 returns empty arrays in when used
with a .Net client, the code does however work fine when the service is
consumed by java clients.

This is a major flaw, has this been looked into?

 Thanks,

 Stefan

Re: axis 1.3 empty arrays

Posted by Yagiz Erkan <ya...@gmail.com>.
> It seems that 1.3 does not handle arrays properly when used in conjuction with .Net.

Stefan,

I think that's an interoperability issue. AFAIK, if you have null
strings in your array, .NET treats them as empty strings rather than
nulls, par example. So, one of the recommendations in developing
interoperable Web Services is not to use arrays containing null
elements.

Hope this helps,

 - Yagiz -
http://blog.decaresystems.ie/wordpress/?author=3