Posted to dev@whirr.apache.org by Tom White <to...@cloudera.com> on 2012/03/13 05:20:29 UTC

March board report

Hi everyone,

I've added the following report to the wiki at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WHIRR/Board+Reports.
Please let me know if there are any changes that you'd like to see
included. (E.g. it might be good to add something about
roadmap/community objectives for the next quarter.)

Thanks,
Tom

----

Status report for the Apache Whirr project - March 2012

Whirr is a library for running services in the cloud. Whirr graduated from the
incubator in August 2011.

Community
---------

We have a healthy, growing community as shown by the growing number of
messages on the dev and user lists. Last month we voted in two new committers:
Frank Scholten and Ioannis Canellos. Paul Baclace gave a lightning talk about
Whirr at BigDataCamp before O'Reilly's Stata conference in February.

No new PMC members have been added since the last board report (December 2011).

There are no issues that require the board attention.

Releases
--------
Version 0.7.0 was released in December, and a bugfix release 0.7.1 was made
last month. We are close to a 0.7.2 release later this month.

Re: March board report

Posted by Tom White <to...@cloudera.com>.
Thanks Andrei. I updated the report with some of your roadmap items.

Tom

Re: March board report

Posted by Andrei Savu <sa...@gmail.com>.
Looks great!