Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Colin Sampaleanu <co...@exis.com> on 2003/11/19 22:01:34 UTC

Re: [Spindle-developer] 3.0.27 integration build available

Looks like the gravy days are over with using Spindle in new versions of
the 3.0 stream. I pulled down an integration build from today, which is
substantially similar to what will be M5, and Spindle is no longer able
to work in it. Looks like they have moved around some more stuff (I
guess as part of the reorg to make creating stand-alone apps possible).

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/jface/text/BadLocationException
at com.iw.plugins.spindle.core.builder.Build.build(Build.java:186)
at
com.iw.plugins.spindle.core.builder.TapestryBuilder.buildAll(TapestryBuilder.java:284)
at
com.iw.plugins.spindle.core.builder.TapestryBuilder.buildIncremental(TapestryBuilder.java:324)
at
com.iw.plugins.spindle.core.builder.TapestryBuilder.build(TapestryBuilder.java:158)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$2.run(BuildManager.java:482)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.run(InternalPlatform.java:1127)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java:464)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:130)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:201)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:156)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$1.run(BuildManager.java:182)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.run(InternalPlatform.java:1127)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java:464)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:185)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuildLoop(BuildManager.java:219)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.build(BuildManager.java:247)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.doBuild(AutoBuildJob.java:76)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.run(AutoBuildJob.java:112)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:62)

The same NoClassDefFoundError happens if you try to open a spec editor.

So I will probably keep around a version of 3.0M4 to use with Spindle
(when I get back to doing UI), along with the 2.12 I have just for
testing compatibility, and 3.0M5 to use for day to day coding. (Although
the same missing BadLocationException also kills XMLBuddy with M5, so
maybe I'll just stick with M4, period...)

Regards,
Colin