Posted to pluto-dev@portals.apache.org by "David H. DeWolf" <dd...@apache.org> on 2005/07/01 03:05:47 UTC

[VOTE] pluto-1.0.1-rc3

I would like to propose a vote on pluto-1.0.1-rc3.  This release
includes several bug fixes and IMHO is a critical step to moving towards
a final 1.0.1 version.  Please take the time to test this release and
then vote.

The release is available at:

http://cvs.apache.org/dist/portals/pluto/v1.0.1-rc3/

This will wait to tally the votes until late next week in order to give
others time to test.

David

Re: [VOTE] pluto-1.0.1-rc3

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
David H. DeWolf wrote:
> I would like to propose a vote on pluto-1.0.1-rc3.  This release
> includes several bug fixes and IMHO is a critical step to moving towards
> a final 1.0.1 version.  Please take the time to test this release and
> then vote.
>
> The release is available at:
>
> http://cvs.apache.org/dist/portals/pluto/v1.0.1-rc3/
>
> This will wait to tally the votes until late next week in order to give
> others time to test.
>

> David

+1

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software

Re: [VOTE] pluto-1.0.1-rc3

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
David H. DeWolf wrote:
> I would like to propose a vote on pluto-1.0.1-rc3.  This release
> includes several bug fixes and IMHO is a critical step to moving towards
> a final 1.0.1 version.  Please take the time to test this release and
> then vote.
>
> The release is available at:
>
> http://cvs.apache.org/dist/portals/pluto/v1.0.1-rc3/
>
> This will wait to tally the votes until late next week in order to give
> others time to test.

+1

Please remove the old releases from the dist server after a successful
release of rc3 - they are all archived at archive.apache.org

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/

Re: [VOTE] pluto-1.0.1-rc3

Posted by "David H. DeWolf" <dd...@apache.org>.
Now that I've cut this release (my first one), I see that the process
really is less painful than I expected.  My hope would be to have a
1.0.1 release out in the near future (3-4 weeks perhaps), but that will
be dictated by the number of patches submitted and the committers
ability to apply them.  I know Craig has several he's like to see in a
release as well.

My suggestion for anyone who would like to get the 1.0.1 release kick
started is to submit quality patches and start the process by updating
the pluto wiki with a release plan for 1.0.1 (see for a template of what
is needed
http://wiki.apache.org/portals/Pluto/PlutoRelease101Rc3?action=show).
The more hands that get involved, the more likely it will be sooner than
later.

David

Re: [VOTE] pluto-1.0.1-rc3

Posted by Elliot Metsger <em...@jhu.edu>.
Hi David,

Re: [VOTE] pluto-1.0.1-rc3

Posted by Nick Lothian <ni...@gmail.com>.
+0

I haven't tested this release, but I'm very glad David has done it and
unless there are show-stopper bugs I'd like to see it released.

I'd love to be able to be more involved that I have been recently, and
I tried to make time to test this release, but it's just not happening
for me at the moment.

Thanks for all your work anyway, David.

Nick

[UPDATE] [RESULTS] [VOTE] pluto-1.0.1-rc3

Posted by "David H. DeWolf" <dd...@apache.org>.
All resources have been updated.  Once the site is mirrored from
cvs.apache.org onto portals.apache.org and the distirbutions have time
to mirror as well I will test things out and send out an announcement if
all went well.

David

[RESULTS] [VOTE] pluto-1.0.1-rc3

Posted by "David H. DeWolf" <dd...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] pluto-1.0.1-rc3

Posted by Stefan Hepper <st...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] pluto-1.0.1-rc3

Posted by Craig Doremus <cr...@maine.com>.
David H. DeWolf wrote:

> I would like to propose a vote on pluto-1.0.1-rc3.  This release
> includes several bug fixes and IMHO is a critical step to moving
> towards a final 1.0.1 version.  Please take the time to test this
> release and then vote.
>
> The release is available at:
>
> http://cvs.apache.org/dist/portals/pluto/v1.0.1-rc3/
>
> This will wait to tally the votes until late next week in order to
> give others time to test.
>

> David

+1

David: Is there a chance that you can replace the README in the rc-3
distributions with the one in SVN containing the paragraph on the Admin
portlets I asked you to add?

TIA
/Craig