Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Mark Brucks <br...@arlut.utexas.edu> on 2002/04/16 23:08:19 UTC

file retrieval

Could anyone tell me what protocol Xerces uses to retrieve files that are
not local to the machine and whose URL is specified with a format like
"file://<host>/<path>"?  We originally thought it was using anonymous ftp -
we hosted our XML files on an NT server machine and we got FTP errors if
anonymous FTP was not enabled.  However, we just moved the files to a
Solaris server that has anonymous FTP disabled - but things still work
there.

Can anybody enlighten me about what is getting used under the hood, what
options there are and how to control it.

Thanks - Mark Brucks