Posted to users@maven.apache.org by jpanelli <pa...@emc.com> on 2007/11/03 00:23:56 UTC

How do I get secondary artifacts of dependencies into an assembly?

We have some dependencies that have a secondary artifact with a classifier
called "conf-resources".  The secondary artifact is a zip that contains
binary files that we want to include in an assembly.  We can include the
secondary artifact in the assembly when it is a module with this assmbly
descriptor:

<moduleSet>
   <includes>
      <include>*:smar:*</include>
   </includes>
   <binaries>
      <attachmentClassifier>conf-resources</attachmentClassifier>
      <includeDependencies>true</includeDependencies>
      <unpack>true</unpack>
      <outputFileNameMapping>local</outputFileNameMapping>
   </binaries>
</moduleSet>

However, when the secondary artifact is in attached to a dependency, there
is no <attachmentClassifier> tag inside of <dependencySet>, so we can not
figure out how to structure the assembly descriptor to include it in the
assembly.  We've tried numerous things.  Is it even possible to do this?

Re: How do I get secondary artifacts of dependencies into an assembly?

Posted by jpanelli <pa...@emc.com>.
Hi Kalle,

We are in fact using 2.2-beta-1, but I am unable to pull in the secondary
artifacts of the dependencies.  I tried various forms of the following (with
and without the <attachmentClassifier> tag):

<moduleSets>
   <moduleSet>
      <binaries>
         <attachmentClassifier>conf-resources</attachmentClassifier>
         <includeDependencies>true</includeDependencies>
         <unpack>true</unpack>
         <outputFileNameMapping>local</outputFileNameMapping>
         <dependencySets>
            <dependencySet>

<outputFileNameMapping>${artifactId}.${extension}</outputFileNameMapping>
               <outputDirectory>local</outputDirectory>
               <includes>
                  <include>*:conf-resources</include>
               </includes>
               <unpack>true</unpack>
               <scope>runtime</scope>
            </dependencySet>
         </dependencySets>
      </binaries>
   </moduleSet>
</moduleSets>

The error I get is this:

[INFO] [assembly:assembly {execution: make-assembly}]
[INFO] Reading assembly descriptor:
C:\Projects\rme\discovery-probes\server\cmp-server.xml
[WARNING] NOTE: Currently, inclusion of module dependencies may produce
unpredictable results if a version conflict occurs.
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to create assembly: Error creating assembly archive: You must
set at least one file.

There positively is a dependency that has a conf-resources.zip secondary
artifact, but it seems that it is not seen by the assembly plugin.  I'm not
sure exactly what the post your pointed me to is referring to, but I do not
think this is working in 2.2-beta-1.  If you have any other ideas, please
let me know.  I appreciate your assistance!  :)

John

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by jpanelli <pa...@emc.com>.

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.