Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Matthias Wessendorf <mw...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/22 20:58:19 UTC

html editor component

Werner,

there are some tickets in jira regarding the html editor component.
Will it be better to used dojo for this? And REMOVE the old component
?

Thoughts?

--
Matthias Wessendorf
Zülpicher Wall 12, 239

Re: html editor component

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.
Mike Kienenberger schrieb:
> If I get some free time (hah!), I'll take a look at creating a sandbox
> component for it since I'm using it.   There's nothing much to it
> other than outputing the example code we came up with, is there?   And
> probably calling AddResource to inline the javascript.   If I have
> time, I can at least get something out there to start the process.
>
> If someone else provides a patch before I get to it, I can at least
> make time to commit the patch and make sure it's working.

No need for direct calling of addresource, I added a DojoUtils utils
class which does all the dojo preinitialisation for you, have a look
at the effects or dojoInitialiser code.

The problem is, I had to add another layer instead of just using add
resource because dojo does so much more like the require stuff.

Basically all you have to do is to call dojoutils for the main include
call dojo utils for the require

and then hack away as usual

Re: html editor component

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.

Re: html editor component

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.

Re: html editor component

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <mw...@gmail.com>.

Re: html editor component

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.
Mike Kienenberger schrieb:

> Sorry, I guess my statement could be interpreted multiple ways.
>
> Currently you have to use a dojo tag, an input, and a piece of inline
> javascript to make it work.   What I meant was that I'd prefer a
> component tag so you'd only have to use the component tag (which would
> generate the javascript for you).
>
> See http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/WYSIWYG_Editor at the bottom of the page.

Exactly what I want to have in the end as well, the current
dojoInitializer is only a helper class which should help the component
developers to kickstart the system (dojo needs a little bit more than
just a plain javascript include, you have the djConfig block before the
include and the reqire blocks after the include)

Re: html editor component

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.

Re: html editor component

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.
Ok you are right, anyway, name it as you wish, just implement the tag ;-)

Re: html editor component

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.

Re: html editor component

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.

Re: html editor component

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <mw...@gmail.com>.
On 2/22/06, Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please no more '2' components.  Seriously.  We need to consider
> retiring old components and just replacing them.  If users want to
> keep using the old component that is their porogative.

hehe

http://tinyurl.com/nutug

Re: html editor component

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.