Posted to dev@jspwiki.apache.org by Janne Jalkanen <ja...@ecyrd.com> on 2009/05/19 19:53:25 UTC

jspwiki refmgr problem

Folks,

something fairly serious is ongoing at jspwiki.org. The software is
simply refusing to start. The usual tricks of emptying work
directories aren't working.  The system fails with

2009-05-19 20:51:00,997 [main] FATAL com.ecyrd.jspwiki.WikiEngine  -
Failed to start managers.
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: getCacheEntry called with an empty
or null key
	at com.opensymphony.oscache.base.Cache.getCacheEntry(Cache.java:654)
	at com.opensymphony.oscache.base.Cache.putInCache(Cache.java:605)
	at com.opensymphony.oscache.base.Cache.putInCache(Cache.java:569)
	at
com
.ecyrd
.jspwiki.providers.CachingProvider.getAllPages(CachingProvider.java:626)
	at com.ecyrd.jspwiki.PageManager.getAllPages(PageManager.java:219)
	at com.ecyrd.jspwiki.WikiEngine.initReferenceManager(WikiEngine.java:
687)
	at com.ecyrd.jspwiki.WikiEngine.initialize(WikiEngine.java:585)

Any tips?  Unfortunately I have extremely limited time to debug this
with kid screaming at one end and wife telling me to cook on the other
end, so you will have to be without jspwiki.org for a while...

/Janne

Re: jspwiki refmgr problem

Posted by Janne Jalkanen <ja...@ecyrd.com>.
Looks like someone managed to create an empty file ".txt" in the
repository, which was creating all kinds of havoc.  Still
investigating how that is even possible.

/Janne

Re: jspwiki refmgr problem

Posted by Harry Metske <ha...@gmail.com>.
I'll have a look Janne :-)

Harry

Re: jspwiki refmgr problem

Posted by Harry Metske <ha...@gmail.com>.
I would guess that there is an invalid page in the repository, at least a
page that has a zero length name ( page.getName() has length 0)

File permission problem maybe ?

Or, if you have time, you could send me the server logs, so I can do some
forensic analysis.