Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Geoff Callender <ge...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/18 12:36:51 UTC

Re: Anyone got Jetty-T5-OpenEJB-Hibernate working?

For the record, I've succeeded in getting Jetty-T5-OpenEJB-Hibernate
working.  It's a great combination for development and it has resulted
in JumpStart 4.0.  I'll post the announcement tomorrow if there are no
glitches reported in the next 24 hours.

Posted by Geoff Callender <ge...@gmail.com>.
In general, the @EJB annotation is intercepted by EJB containers only,
but I notice some server providers have been extending it to JSF (and
servlets?).

It would be nice to have Tapestry handle the @EJB annotation, too, but
in the meantime, I think a service locator is a pretty painless
alternative.  One nice thing about it is that you can see all the
available interfaces in the one place.

BTW, I didn't like the division of responsibility I had between the
BusinessServicesLocator and its superclass JndiServicesLocator, so
you'll see a new, cleaner, version out in a few days.

Geoff

Posted by Adam Zimowski <zi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Adam Zimowski <zi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Geoff,