Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org> on 2005/06/12 14:08:55 UTC

Merging view package to locationmap

Hello devs,

I am just starting to look into the locationmap. I want to merge the
view package from trunk to the locationmap branch but it did not work.

I used
svn merge -r
179780:190183 /home/thorsten/apache/forrest-trunk/whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.viewHelper.xhtml

within the locationmap branch, that is what I understood from
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.0/re16.html

..but the result I get with 'svn st' is not what I expected. I removed
files and not added any. :(

Can somebody give me advice how I can merge the trunk (all 3 view
plugins) to the locationmap branch?

TIA

salu2
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)

Re: Merging view package to locationmap

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
David Crossley wrote:

> Thanks for proving those red-bean refs. There is always more
> to learn about svn. Wow, it is a good tool.

Mmmm, interesting typo ... s/proving/providing/

-David

Re: Merging view package to locationmap

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Ross Gardler wrote:

> If you are going to merge I would recommend merging the whole lot. Saves
> us having different base revisions for different parts of the tree.
>
> With respect to how see:
>
> http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.0/ch04s04.html
>
> In particular I note that you are using the wrong base revision (see the
> tip near the top of this page for how I know this)

I suppose that this means that another merge needs to happen
to cover the gap.

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
I already did it and only the view specific stuff, see the other mail
for more details.

salu2

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.