Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by huawang <10...@qq.com> on 2016/07/06 02:12:55 UTC

回复: A question about the start date of cube in Kylin

hi, shaofeng,
  I manually modify cube's definition, while when I buid the cube using REST API, it doesn't work.
  In the log I found the following exception.

I found that the new segment must started from the existing segments' end date(JobService):

In this situation, how could I build a segment before existing segments, says 20160101~20160401?

Posted by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org>.
maybe you can try this: also use the metadata tool, manually change the
first segment's start time from 20160401 (both the "name" and "
dateRangeStart") to the very begining 20160101, restore the change to HBase
metastore; and then refresh the first segment, it will retrieve the data
since 20160101. After finish, your cube will have the data of this year.

BTW, we don't suggest to manually edit metadata, unless you're very clear
and careful about what you're doing. Backup is always needed.

Posted by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org>.

--
Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi