Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Curley, Thomas" <th...@euroconex.com> on 2003/10/01 11:48:59 UTC

DBCP borrowObject failed

HI all,

I am stuck with the trying to setup MySql 4.0.13 to Tomcat 4.1.27 on RH Linux (both DB and TC are on the same box). I have read the doc's and looked thro' previous posting and cant see the problem.  I have this working on TC 4.1.12 and MySql 3.23.  The only other issue is the new box is inside a DMZ

I get the following error:

DBCP borrowObject failed: java.sql.SQLException: Server connection failure during transaction.
Attempted reconnect 3 times. Giving up.

I can use MySql client and connect to mysql using the user/passwd in server.xml

 <<web.xml>>
 <<server.xml>>
thanks

Thomas

This email and any attachments are confidential and intended for the sole use of the intended recipient(s).If you receive this email in error please notify emailadmin@euroconex.com and delete it from your system. Any unauthorized dissemination, retransmission, or copying of this email and any attachments is prohibited. Euroconex does not accept any responsibility for any breach of confidence, which may arise from the use of email. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Company. This message has been scanned for known computer viruses.