Posted to volunteer@openoffice.apache.org by Piring Terbang <ha...@gmail.com> on 2022/10/05 10:25:00 UTC

introduction

hi good afternoon from Indonesian

my name is haris, i interested to this invitation after i visit the
openoffice website.

i first used openoffice a few years ago, and really enjoyed using it.
i got your apps after a few trial for microsoft office alternative product.
i have tried some of them such as wps, onlyoffice and even libreoffice ( i
could called you as the ancestor of libreoffice).
after several times of trial, i feel better to use openoffice compared to
other apps. i feel the UI is simple and clean.

for appreciate your product , the goodness of open source, i want to
contribute to help translate this app into our language,
i hope i can help to this big project and spread the power of openoffice
especially to our indonesian

thank you very much for your attention

Re: introduction

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.
On 2022-10-05 at 06:25:00, Piring Terbang <ha...@gmail.com> wrote:
>hi good afternoon from Indonesian
>
>my name is haris, i interested to this invitation after i visit the
>openoffice website.
>
>i first used openoffice a few years ago, and really enjoyed using it.
>i got your apps after a few trial for microsoft office alternative product.
>i have tried some of them such as wps, onlyoffice and even libreoffice ( i
>could called you as the ancestor of libreoffice).
>after several times of trial, i feel better to use openoffice compared to
>other apps. i feel the UI is simple and clean.
>
>for appreciate your product , the goodness of open source, i want to
>contribute to help translate this app into our language,
>i hope i can help to this big project and spread the power of openoffice
>especially to our indonesian
>
>thank you very much for your attention

Greetings Piring, and Welcome to the Apache OpenOffice community. We use
mailing lists for  communication and strongly suggest that you subscribe to
those that interest you. Subscribing to the lists will avoid the delay of
sending and receiving messages of the moderation process of messages from
unsubscribed persons. All mailing lists used by the project along with their
subscribe and post address can be found at
https://openoffice.apache.org/mailing-lists.html#development-mailing-list-public.

As you are interested in translation,
https://openoffice.apache.org/mailing-lists.html#localization-mailing-list-public
is the most important one to subscribe too. You may also want to subscribe to
https://openoffice.apache.org/mailing-lists.html#development-mailing-list-public,as
this is the main list for communicating with the community as a whole.

We use Pootle to translate the UI and Help. Ask for a Pootle account by
sending an email:
 To: l10n@openoffice.apache.org
 Subject: New Pootle Account
 Body:
 Hello my name is ...<your name>... and I'm from ...<your location>...
 Please create a Pootle account for me. I state that my contributions are
under
 the Apache 2 license and I will work on ...<your language>...
 My preferred username is  ...<preferred username>...

Again welcome to the project, and for your interest in contributing.

Regards
Keith N. McKenna