Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by "Robert R. Bruno" <rb...@gmail.com> on 2021/05/28 19:37:14 UTC

A few quick questions

We recently moved to version 1.13.2 and are finally using the registry in
earnest along with parameter contexts.  Being able to store sensitive
values is amazing!

Had two quick questions:

1.  Any good way to turn on/off all controller services in a process group
for the UI?

2. Since you can only have one parameter context per process group, how are
you all handling when you have a specific parameter that is used among many
process groups?  I am trying to avoid having one global parameter context,
but perhaps that is the best practice?

Any thoughts on eventually being able to select more than one parameter
context for a process?  Perhaps the parameter context then would act as a
namespace.  Just a thought.

Thanks,
Robert

Re: A few quick questions

Posted by Lars Winderling <la...@posteo.de>.
Hi Robert,

addressing your second question: I also use global contexts in places where this is appropriate. Still, for globally shared values used within groups that have a nested context, you could go with environment variables or system properties, for non-sensitive values. For sensitive values, you need a parameter anyway. Hope that helps.

Best,
Lars