Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Vinayakumar B <vi...@huawei.com> on 2014/02/06 09:45:06 UTC

New NameNode UI does not support Internet Explorer

Hi,

Currently new UI for namenode does not support Internet Explorer. But Chrome and Mozilla UI looks good. I got the page as below in IE.

[cid:image001.jpg@01CF2345.D4C1F3F0]

Is everyone facing this issue or only coming for me..?

If Internet explorer support is not provided now, is there any plan to provide same in future?

Regards,
Vinayakumar B

RE: New NameNode UI does not support Internet Explorer

Posted by Vinayakumar B <vi...@huawei.com>.
I found the problem.

Some problem of jquery with IE8 and IE9 on Windows 7.

There were 2 issues.
1. in dfshealth.js there was an extra comma(,) in array definition and this was causing a js error.
    var BEANS = [
      {"name": "nn",      "url": "/jmx?qry=Hadoop:service=NameNode,name=NameNodeInfo"},
      {"name": "nnstat",  "url": "/jmx?qry=Hadoop:service=NameNode,name=NameNodeStatus"},
      {"name": "fs",      "url": "/jmx?qry=Hadoop:service=NameNode,name=FSNamesystemState"},
      {"name": "mem",     "url": "/jmx?qry=java.lang:type=Memory"},
    ];

   Removing extra comma(,) solved first issue.
   Found hint about this here
       http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12573470/each-in-ie8-seems-to-get-counted-one-too-many-times

2. in dfshealth.html and explorer.html JSON object was not being initialized.
    Adding
    to both html files solved issue.

    Found this here,
      http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4715373/json-object-undefined-in-internet-explorer-8-dom

I will post a patch for the same in Jira soon.

Regards,
Vinayakumar B

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Haohui Mai <hm...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: New NameNode UI does not support Internet Explorer

Posted by Vinayakumar B <vi...@gmail.com>.
[image: Inline image 1]

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.