Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID> on 2018/09/12 11:47:38 UTC

Per-cluster repo layout loose ends

Hi all,

Many thanks for the great work we've done together over the past weeks, we
have now a significantly cleaned up root structure on GitHub:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans

...thanks to these specific people:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Per-cluster+repository+layout

There are a few loose ends however. The following are in the root of the
repo, while they are in fact modules that need to be inside one of the new
folders:

- hibernateweb
- ide.etc
- libs.svnClientAdapter.svnkit
- nbi
- o.apache.tools.ant.module
- options.java

I have listed these as loose ends here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Per-cluster+repository+layout

If someone has an idea where/how these should be put into the new folder
structure, please speak up. We could create an issue for each of these or
specifically for those which are most problematic.

Thanks,

Gj

Re: Per-cluster repo layout loose ends

Posted by John McDonnell <mc...@gmail.com>.
Recently I've been looking at doing a complete end to end jenkinsfile to
replace the 5 jenkins jobs down to 1 multibranch pipeline that will build
and test both windows and linux and not duplicate some of the steps like
some jobs do.

This error happens every so often on my builds, and I've been unable to
recreate it locally, which has stalled my progress into that.

Regards

John

Posted by Matthias Bläsing <mb...@doppel-helix.eu>.
Hi Eric,

Posted by Eric Barboni <sk...@apache.org>.
Hi,

 New layout make git repo  clearer, great job.
 I just have an issue on "ant clean" (failing at a time build is  cleaning  platform/openide.util.lookup module)  is this target supposed to work ?

Regards
Eric