Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Greenhorn Techie <gr...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/18 12:57:28 UTC

MirrorMaker as a Background process

Hi,

I am still novice to Kafka and hence this rudimentary question.

When I run MirrorMaker process from a bash cli, the cli prompt doesn't
return once I run the MirrorMaker command. Does that mean, I should only
run MirrorMaker as a background process if I need to have it running all
the time? We are backing up  Kafka data from one cluster to another and
using MirrorMaker for the same. Hence this is needed to be running all the
time once initiated.

I am running it by passing nohup signal as well to the MirrorMaker command.

Thanks

Re: MirrorMaker as a Background process

Posted by Greenhorn Techie <gr...@gmail.com>.
Fantastic. Thanks Manikumar.