Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Shapira, Yoav" <Yo...@mpi.com> on 2003/09/04 19:16:38 UTC

[General] Moving a component from sandbox to proper

Howdy,
Is there a defined (and dare I ask, documented? ;)) process somewhere
for moving a component from the commons sandbox into the commons proper.
I imagine a CVS admin needs to move the files across the repositories,
and someone (e.g. me) would update the commons web site, but I must be
missing some steps?

Thanks,

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

This e-mail, including any attachments, is a confidential business communication, and may contain information that is confidential, proprietary and/or privileged.  This e-mail is intended only for the individual(s) to whom it is addressed, and may not be saved, copied, printed, disclosed or used by anyone else.  If you are not the(an) intended recipient, please immediately delete this e-mail from your computer system and notify the sender.  Thank you.

Re: [General] Moving a component from sandbox to proper

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
would you mind creating a document (as you go along)? it will probably be
of little use to you but those that come after you will certainly
appreciate it.

- robert

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.
Anyone with commit rights to sandbox and proper can move the files across
repositories.

Anyone with the usual site ones would handle changing things on the site.

I don't think there's a documented process yet though, and I'm not sure
how much is needed other than what you list.

Bugzilla is the only one that springs to mind. Maybe announcing it as news
in the newsletter.

Hen