Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org> on 2003/08/13 23:16:21 UTC

Re: cvs commit: incubator-geronimo/modules/core/src/java/org/apache/geronimo/ejb/context TransactionInterceptor.java

On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 02:12:40AM -0000, gregw@apache.org wrote:
>   Log:
>   Updated the Component class to support the JSR77 state model.
>   Implemented the base behaviour in AbstractComponent
>   Implemented recursive behaviour in ContainerImpl - but should be moved to
>   a AbstractContainer class.
>   Moved create nehaviour to doStart methods
>   Left destroy methods hanging with todo comments to resolve that issue.

>From this commit message, it sounds like you're mixing semantics in a single
commit, which should really be done in multiple commits. By breaking down
the commits into logical groups, it makes the commits reviewable. And
reviewable commits is, um, "highly desirable" :-)

>   Submitted by:	Greg Wilkins
>   Reviewed by:	Posted to geronimo-dev and coredevelopers.net mailing lists

Let's please keep all discussion about Geronimo on geronimo-dev rather than
private mailing lists.

[ actually, on other projects, people have raised concerns about "decisions"
  made off-list, such as in IRC or coding sprints or other gatherings; the
  best thing to do for those cases is bring the resulting consensus to the
  list for a closure discussion ]

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

Re: cvs commit: incubator-geronimo/modules/core/src/java/org/apache/geronimo/ejb/context TransactionInterceptor.java

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@coredevelopers.net>.
BTW, thanks for the feedback on commit messages.  I find it very
helpful, as no one has ever really commented on them before, and it
helps to have some feedback ;-)

--jason