Posted to users@maven.apache.org by jp4 <jo...@hnpsolutions.com> on 2007/04/26 00:07:57 UTC

Versioning Site Documentation

I would like to know how to version my site documentation.  I have a nightly
build that I use for generating snapshots and promoting them to our internal
maven repo along with deploying site docs to apache.  In addition, when I
create a release of a particular artifact I generate site documentation as
well.

I was wondering if there is a way to deploy the site documentation to two
different locations so that it is versioned properly...

For example,
http://www.foo.com/project1/1.0-SNAPSHOT
http://www.foo.com/project1/1.1/

It's ok to overwrite the nightly site docs, but I want to make sure that the
release versions are not overwritten.  Right now, they are both writing to
the same location, which is not optimal.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

jp4

Re: Versioning Site Documentation

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 4/25/07, jp4 <jo...@hnpsolutions.com> wrote:

> I tried what you suggested, but it appears as though none of the child
> modules for the parent projects are linked properly.  It creates directories
> But the modules directories are at the same level as the parent... Any
> ideas?

Without seeing your configuration, it's hard to tell.  One thing that
comes to mind is that (I think) a trailing slash on the url makes it
act differently.  Try it with and without that and see what happens.

--
Wendy

Re: Versioning Site Documentation

Posted by jp4 <jo...@hnpsolutions.com>.
Wendy,

I tried what you suggested, but it appears as though none of the child
modules for the parent projects are linked properly.  It creates directories

/project-parent-1.1-SNAPSHOT/project-parent/
/project-moduleA-1.1-SNAPSHOT/project-parent/moduleA
/project-moduleB-1.1-SNAPSHOT/project-parent/moduleB

The problems is that links from
/project-parent-1.1-SNAPSHOT/project-parent/index.html are referring to
modules with relative links like this
/project-parent-1.1-SNAPSHOT/project-parent/moduleA/index.html

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.