Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Sylvain Puccianti <sp...@yahoo.fr> on 2003/02/01 02:41:48 UTC

Handling modifiers after spaces only

Hi,

I'm running into an issue with the way the query
parameters are parsed in my application. When
searching for the word "sync-up", it looks like the
QueryParser interpreted that as a search for :
"sync NOT up". Is there any way I can modify the
QueryParser to consider - or + characters as modifiers
only if they follow one or several white spaces ? Does
this have anything to do with the kind of analyzer I'm
passing to the QueryParser ?

Sylvain

Re: Handling modifiers after spaces only

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
This is a QueryParser issue.  You could modify QueryParser.jj to change
its behaviour and rebuild the Jar.  What about + or - being at the very
beginning of the query string?  Not so simple :)

Otis