Posted to marketing@couchdb.apache.org by Harald Kisch <ha...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/16 10:57:25 UTC

What is CouchDB

 I did a little experiment:
I asked a trainee to google "couchdb" ant tell me after 30 minutes (strong
attentin time) what it is.

I think this experiment is exemplarily because the trainee does'nt know
much about programming, IT and databases but wants to learn programming and
seems to be very interested in finding an accurate technology stack to
start with.

Attached to this email are the results. They may be helpful to see current
mistakes in the strategy how CouchDB is described currently on the websites
mentioned in the result sheet.

-- harald

Re: What is CouchDB

Posted by Johs Ensby <jo...@b2w.com>.
Very interesting peek into the target group's mind, Harald

Really liked this one:
"I do not understand very well what couchdb actually is, but i think it sounds good. I have to search for more informations or easier explanations for me."

Johs

Re: What is CouchDB

Posted by Andy Wenk <an...@apache.org>.
Harald, thanks a lot for taking the time to do this. This is very helpful
and brings a lot of insights!

I wonder why our domain was not found (http://couchdb.org) This is
obviously sth. we should work on. But on the other hand, the first result
for me is couchdb.apapche.org and that is the official page:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=couchdb

(Please ignore the stupid question "Was that so hard?")

Cheers

Andy

--
Andy Wenk