Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/24 14:57:50 UTC

NPE starting MyFaces Extension Scripting Beta 1

Hi,

I was going to try but I am hitting this exception:

INFO: MyFaces Plugins found
24-Mar-2010 13:53:57 org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener
dispatchInitializationEvent
INFO: Processing
plugin:org.apache.myfaces.scripting.servlet.StartupServletContextPluginChainLoader
24-Mar-2010 13:53:57
org.apache.myfaces.scripting.servlet.StartupServletContextPluginChainLoader
preInit
INFO: [EXT-SCRIPTING] Instantiating StartupServletContextPluginChainLoader
2010-03-24 13:53:57.421:WARN::Failed startup of context
JettyWebAppContext@17072b90
@17072b90/editor,file:/scratch/projects/intact-current/service/editor/src/main/webapp/;jar:file:/homes/baranda/.m2/repository/org/apache/myfaces/core/myfaces-api/2.0.0-beta-3/myfaces-api-2.0.0-beta-3.jar!/META-INF/resources;jar:file:/homes/baranda/.m2/repository/org/primefaces/primefaces/2.0.0/primefaces-2.0.0.jar!/META-INF/resources;,file:/scratch/projects/intact-current/service/editor/src/main/webapp/

java.lang.NullPointerException
at
org.apache.myfaces.scripting.servlet.CustomChainLoader.setupScriptingPaths(CustomChainLoader.java:76)
 at
org.apache.myfaces.scripting.servlet.CustomChainLoader.<init>(CustomChainLoader.java:63)
at
org.apache.myfaces.scripting.servlet.StartupServletContextPluginChainLoader.initChainLoader(StartupServletContextPluginChainLoader.java:116)
 at
org.apache.myfaces.scripting.servlet.StartupServletContextPluginChainLoader.preInit(StartupServletContextPluginChainLoader.java:61)
at
org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener.dispatchInitializationEvent(StartupServletContextListener.java:116)
 at
org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener.contextInitialized(StartupServletContextListener.java:154)
at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.startContext(ContextHandler.java:645)
 at
org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletContextHandler.startContext(ServletContextHandler.java:189)
at
org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.startContext(WebAppContext.java:978)
 at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doStart(ContextHandler.java:586)
at org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.doStart(WebAppContext.java:349)
 at
org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.JettyWebAppContext.doStart(JettyWebAppContext.java:102)
at
org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:55)
 at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection.doStart(HandlerCollection.java:165)
at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.doStart(ContextHandlerCollection.java:162)
 at
org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:55)
at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection.doStart(HandlerCollection.java:165)
 at
org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:55)
at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.doStart(HandlerWrapper.java:92)
 at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.doStart(Server.java:228)
at org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.JettyServer.doStart(JettyServer.java:69)
 at
org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:55)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.AbstractJettyMojo.startJetty(AbstractJettyMojo.java:433)
 at
org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.AbstractJettyMojo.execute(AbstractJettyMojo.java:377)
at org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.JettyRunMojo.execute(JettyRunMojo.java:546)
 at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:490)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:694)
 at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeStandaloneGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:569)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:539)
 at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:387)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:348)
 at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:180)
at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:328)
 at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:138)
 at org.apache.maven.cli.compat.CompatibleMain.main(CompatibleMain.java:60)
 at
at

I am using JSF 2 in jetty 7 and have configured the web.xml
context-params...

Any ideas?

Bruno

Re: NPE starting MyFaces Extension Scripting Beta 1

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com>.
also make sure you use run-exploded if you use it from maven

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com>.
I hope the bleeding edge does not hurt too much :-)

No seriously, it was an interesting testcase, I wanted to have
a full blow real live app to test against anyway.
I think the stack cannot get more bleeding edge than what you have
currently.

Werner

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com>.