Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net> on 2011/01/04 09:40:46 UTC

The master password

Is there any reason why I would need to remember my master password (used
for encrypting my server passwords in settings.xml)? I haven't found any and
I'm thinking that it could be auto-generated (by some tool) when creating
settings-security.xml, instead of specified by the user.

/Anders

Re: The master password

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
OK, will likely soon be included in a plugin coming to a repo close to
you...:-)

/Anders

Re: The master password

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.