Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Ray Rodriguez <ra...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/26 21:13:06 UTC

Mesos 0.19.0 stats.json endpoint Collectd plugin

Hey everyone just thought I'd post a simple collectd python plugin that I
just released which turns all stats returned from the Mesos stats.json
endpoint into Collectd metrics.

This plugin requires Mesos 0.19.0+ and collectd 4.9+

Big shout out to phobos182(https://github.com/phobos182) who wrote the
original Elasticsearch collectd python plugin upon which my plugin borrows
from heavily.

Mesos Collectd Python plugin: https://github.com/rayrod2030/collectd-mesos

Hope this is useful to others and I welcome pull requests, comments and
suggestions.

Ray Rodriguez
Twitter: @rayray2030
Github: rayrod2030

Re: Mesos 0.19.0 stats.json endpoint Collectd plugin

Posted by Benjamin Hindman <be...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for sharing this Ray!

Posted by Dominic Hamon <dh...@twopensource.com>.
Hi Dave

The JIRA is here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-1036

There's a link in the comments to the design document.

Posted by Ray Rodriguez <ra...@gmail.com>.
I just updated the collectd-mesos plugin to now use the new
/metrics/snapshot metrics endpoint as well as only reporting metrics from
the elected master.  You can see my changes here:
https://github.com/rayrod2030/collectd-mesos/pull/2.  Thanks for the
feedback everyone.

Ray

Posted by Dave Lester <da...@gmail.com>.