Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Bicnic <mo...@laposte.net> on 2002/09/03 15:22:55 UTC

Stop James server ?

Hello,

I've got a little problem....
I start my James server 2.0a3 (under Linux RH7.2) with :

# bin/run.sh &

How can I stop it !!!!

If I try :
# jobs
I've got nothing
Or
# ps
I don't found the James processus !?

I need to restart James for actualize the configuration.
How can I do :o(

Thanks.
Bicnic

RE: Stop James server ?

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
I use the following init script with Andrew Oliver's killjames utility.

	--- Noel

killjames:
http://www.mail-archive.com/james-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg02307.html

init script:

#!/bin/sh
# Startup script for James Mail server
#
# chkconfig: 2345 95 92

[ -f /opt/james/bin/run.sh ] || exit 0

start() {
    echo -n  "Starting James Mail Server: "
    JAVA_HOME=/usr/local/java;export JAVA_HOME
    PHOENIX_SECURE=false;export PHOENIX_SECURE
    cd /opt/james/bin
    nohup /opt/james/bin/run.sh &
    RETVAL=$?
    echo
}

stop() {
    echo -n "Shutting down James Mail Server "
    JAVA_HOME=/usr/local/java;export JAVA_HOME
    /usr/local/java/bin/java -cp /root/admin-scripts/killjames.jar
de.mud.telnet.JamesKiller 'localhost' '<replace this with your james admin
password>'
    echo
}

restart(){
         stop
         sleep 2
         start
}

case "$1" in
        start)
            start
            ;;

        stop)
            stop
            ;;

     restart)
            restart
            ;;

        *)
            echo "Usage: james {start|stop|restart}"
            exit 1

esac

exit 0

RE: Stop James server ?

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org>.
telnet localhost 4555

the default user and pass are root and root

then shutdown will kill it

ps -axlf will also show your james processes more clearly (if your terminal
is wide enough!)

d.