Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@isencia.com> on 2007/01/26 05:13:38 UTC

Wicket and OSGi

Hi,

I have been looking for references on  Wicket and OSGi and all solutions I
have seen  make use of the WicketServlet (since OSGi HTTP Service only
allows to register servlets) . But now the preferred way to use Wicket is
via a WicketFilter instead of WicketServlet (which his now deprecated, at
least in 2.0 branch).  My question is. Is it "safe" to still use
WicketServlet? Has soemone considered this possibility when deprecating
WicketServlet?  It seems we have no other  option  than using WicketServlet
if we want to embed  a Wicket application as a bundle in an OSGi container.
Or is there another solution?

Best regards,

Ernesto

Re: Wicket and OSGi

Posted by Patrick MauiƩ <pa...@gmx.de>.
Hi all,

Hi all,

I have been using WicketFilter for an OSGI-based  application, and it's
actually are very small difference to the current version.
I extended IWebApplicationFactory and for the method createApplication()
implemented like this

    public WebApplication createApplication(WicketServlet servlet) {
        // get path
        String alias =
servlet.getServletConfig().getInitParameter("alias"); // you have to set
this in you activator
for the current branch and

    public WebApplication createApplication(WicketFilter filter) {
        String alias = filter.getFilterConfig().getInitParameter("path");
for Wicket 2.0. I am using the current Jetty package of (Eclipse)
Equinox, and Wicket works  like a charm with it.
Great to here that Wicket 2.0 is coming, I was also not quite sure which
way to go.

bis dann,
 Patrick MauƩ

Re: Wicket and OSGi